Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
12-11-2021, 06:32 AM   #1

Canterbury Anniversary Friday.

Good morning everyone,
Friday afternoon here and a public holiday in Canterbury for our anniversary. We would normally have the big A+P show on, but yet again it has been cancelled due to covid, which is running riot in the North Island. No further cases in the South island now, so again, we may have dodged the bullet so to speak.It's so very hot today - 26 degrees and no cloud cover at all. My cats are all lying stretched out trying to cool themselves. It's great that they have all been clipped/shaved apart from poor Betsey who's yet to be done. I've been able to cut a few matts off her every day though, as she's not so feisty as the others, and just puts up with it.

Dickens is OK but still very nervous. Takes pills 2x per day and I don't want to cut him down to one per day just yet, because it's so distressing seeing him so uncomfortable. He loves having free run of the house every night with Snoddy, and usually ends up coming to see me through the night at some point.

My ducks are still coming daily and love the seed we give them.A third male duck arrived with them the other night but was not welcomed by the original male who chased him away - no doubt protecting his mate.Luckily the neighbour from hell hasn't seen them on the back lawn yet. She'd probably have a fit. !!!

My exercise course is going well and is really fun. There's only 6 of us, plus 2 physios who are real good sorts. The exercises are hard, especially those using resistance bands. I'm sure Yola will know all about that.I'm only meant to do them 2-3 times a week, not every day, and boy, do you feel it the next day !!!

Good news - I finally heard from my son. It was his birthday the other day so I emailed him, and wonder of wonders, he actually emailed me back. He's living in Hamilton (north island) and his furniture is still coming , so they are sleeping on the floor. He can't leave Hamilton as there is covid there.He didn't mention Miranda and the children,although I did ask about them, but at least it's a start. I'll email him back in a week or so, and try and keep the lines of communication open.

PAMELA, I'm pleased that your new car is good to drive That's always a bonus, and it doesn't take long to get used to a different car. I hope poor Mia coped with the fireworks last week. My cats were terrified. it was good that you could be there with Mia. Thank goodness you weren't injured when you "dropped "your bike the other day.It could have been much worse than just a few aches. It's great that your bike wasn't damaged as well. AND gosh Pamela, you sound so organised starting your xmas shopping already. I know it's good to spread the cost though, and December is always an expensive month. Your colour scheme of royal blue and silver sounds almost regal. Your home is going to look stunning for xmas.I bet you can't wait to get your tree now and set it all up.

SHELLEY, I'm sorry that your work mate has covid and you had to have a PCR test. Aren't they uncomfortable ? I'm so pleased that all is OK. Mine was OK too, but had to watch for symptoms for 14 days from exposure date, which has now passed.I hope your tests continue to return negative results.Whalley Abbey sounds a beautiful place to have a retreat.We don't have anywhere like that in NZ, but I have been on a couple of 1 day retreats in the past run by my church. Nowhere as spectacular as an Abbey though .Mine were just at a monastery and run by Benedictine monks. I found them very uplifting (the retreats, not the monks).

Well it's now 6.15pm, getting hotter by the minute and I'm going to turn the air con on.Too hot for tea yet, but may just have pasta later on.

Hope everyone is well and all fur babies are happy.

Have a great Friday everyone.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
12-11-2021, 07:20 PM   #2

Re: Canterbury Anniversary Friday.

Hi Dinky, lovely to hear from you You must be relieved that there has been no further cases in the south island. Glad to hear you still have your visiting ducks and that Dickens is still doing well.

Glad your exercise is going well and you are enjoyingg it

That is great you have heard from Paddy. Hopefully he will keep contact up with you.

Mia actually done much better this year with teh fireworks, she cuddled in but also lay on her bed which was a huge step for her. She even went out for a pee at bed time without us going out.

I bought part of Stevens gift today. I got him tickets for Gerry Cinnamon as he really likes his music. Its not until July next year but something to look forward to.