Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
25-10-2021, 04:58 AM   #1

Public holiday Monday.

Hi everyone. It's Labour Day here today in New Zealand and a beautiful sunny day - 23 degrees.I've had an "interesting" morning trying to clean up my baby doll (Holly). I've managed to clean up her face with a mild soap and water but her mouth opens and closes, which is making it awkward to clean. I don't want water to get inside her and destroy her moving mechanism. Also she has lots of creases in the vinyl - she's very detailed - and they're hard to clean. Think I'm going to buy a soft toothbrush and use that.

I went to New World supermarket by bus this afternoon to get some decaf coffee, as there's none in my local supermarket.In fact, there's not much of anything at any of our supermarkets now because the shipping containers holding the items are all held up in the North island where covid cases are. Thank goodness my cats have got food, and Janna went back to Animates pet store this morning for me and bought more cans of their favourite foods while it was all on special.

Brenna and Jared have come back from Rotoroa and had their second covid vaccine today, thank goodness. They had a great time in Rotoroa, and Joah's shingles attack is clearing up well.

I'm going to take it easy tonight as my knees are sore. The bus stop is a long way from here and I've done a fair bit of walking. I'm pleased that I'm finally going to have them x-rayed on Wednesday. At least I'll know something definite by then, although I suspect it's probably arthritis due to my many years of judo, which is very hard on your joints.

I still haven't finished my Bible course essay.I just can't seem to get into it, but I'm going to have to force myself to write it, otherwise I'll never do it.It's just that it's getting so hot and I've got heaps of spring cleaning and de-cluttering to do before Christmas, as well as looking after Dickens and keeping him safe from Freddie and Miracle. Brenna also has bought me round some wool to knit a baby's matinee jacket for her girlfriend's first baby due on Christmas Eve. I'll probably be able to get a pair of booties and a wee beanie hat out of the wool too.Might get started on that tonight if there's nothing decent on TV.

PAMELA,hope you had a good weekend and managed to get out for a bike ride. You'll be getting rather excited about your new car now.I hope Harris is behaving himself now for you.How is Steven enjoying his new job ? I saw a couple of air fryers at New World today, but none had shelves like your one. I think I'll have a look at a proper electrical appliance store next week.

SHELLEY,, hope you enjoyed your walk with the dogs and the new wee puppy yesterday. I'm sure your dogs were on their best behaviour.It sounds as if you're all having a great time in Scotland. It's always so lovely to get away and relax, isn't it ?

Well I'm off to see what's lurking in the fridge for tea. Nothing flash tonight for me, but will have to have something ,otherwise I'm picking at food all night.

Have a super Monday everyone.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
25-10-2021, 09:13 AM   #2

Re: Public holiday Monday.

Happy Monday,
Had a nice walk yesterday, Malaika was quite kind to the new pup but I'm sorry to say as expected Kwame wasn't.
All were on leads but he still managed to scare him.
Another walk today so will walk at the back with my antisocial animal.
Last night we all had a lovely meal out.
Dinky, glad that Janna, Jared and Joah had a good time.
Pamela, hope Harris is behaving himself, lol.