Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
02-06-2007, 10:42 PM   #11

Re: Broxi's been hospitalised!!

Oh Alex, I am so very sorry to hear this I am glad to read that Broxi is recovering well, please let us have an update as soon as you know anything. {{{Hugs}}} x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
02-06-2007, 10:51 PM   #12

Good grief Alex - what a serious worry for you, both financially and in terms of poor Broxi's health.

This happened to a neighbour's cat a few years back. He had also to undergo emergency surgery on top of the catheterisation and medication - the bill was in excess of £500 but as it was me that found Maple (the cat) in our garden in excruciating pain an then allerted the neighbours, I can really understand what your little Broxi was going through.

I hope he's feeling brighter by tomorrow and that you're feeling a little easier about a very difficult situation. Hugs.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
02-06-2007, 11:03 PM   #13

Thanks Fran and Yola. My one little bit of gladness was that I noticed it before it got to the excruciating stage for him!! Because of Teddie I am a bit more vigilant than some may be about watching my cats at the tray so noticed that he was staying on it for ages and nothing was happening. I dread to think what he would have been like by tomorrow!!! I just hate to think of him in the vets all by himself!! But at least I know that he's in good hands. The vet was really nice.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggy
03-06-2007, 07:16 AM   #14

Oh Alex im sorry to read this,Im glad hes recovering well.
Keep us posted((((hugs))))

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
03-06-2007, 08:58 AM   #15

Oh Alex - what a worry for you; I hope you get good news soon.

Do you have a Credit Union in your neighbourhood? If so, you could think about joining and saving a small amount regularly. It would be perfect for coming up with the cash, at reasonable rates, to cover emergencies like this. If not, maybe your council, church or housing association would support you and others in setting one up. Here's some info - there appears to be plenty of help around.http://www.abcul.org/page/about/settingup.cfm

Hope you get good news soon x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
03-06-2007, 09:03 AM   #16

There is a credit union in Telford DM, but not one in my area. I tried joining it before, but because it's a distance away and not somewhere I went regularly, I ended up closing it. I'll have a look around and see if anyones willing to start one. it's just so frustrating that I would have been able to pay most of it in one go before we went to Scotland!! Oh well, OH needed to see his dad and that's all there is to it. Just waiting on the vet calling to let me know how my boy got on.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
03-06-2007, 09:05 AM   #17

Hope the vet calls soon Alex.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
03-06-2007, 10:03 AM   #18

Oh Alex, I'm so very sorry to read this. I do hope Broxi is home with you soon. What a worry for you.
Thank goodness you noticed when you did. I'll be thinking about you and you know where I am even if you just want a chat. (((((((()))))))) Hugs. xx

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
03-06-2007, 10:15 AM   #19

Oh dear Alex, so sorry to hear about Broxi......what a good job you got him to the vet early. I'm pleased to hear he is recovering well and there appear to be no more problems. Hopefully you'll have him home again soon...

It never rains but it pours for you doesn't it.. ((((hugs)))) xx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
03-06-2007, 10:27 AM   #20

Poor boy, Leo had exactly the same about 5 years ago, he was in the vets for a week, he made a complete recovery, now he has injections once a month to strengthen the bladder wall....