Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: MainCoonX, SnowShoeX, & Their Baby
23-05-2007, 04:53 PM   #1

UPDATE On Sandy (Help Needed Too)

Sandy has been lactating for a few days and is getting really close to her due date. Today she has been pretty restless and not sitting still for long. She is being very needy. I think that she is getting close but Im not really sure what to look for. Can someone help me please??

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
23-05-2007, 05:27 PM   #2

Re: UPDATE On Sandy (Help Needed Too)

Hi, firstly don't panic, you'll only worry Sandy. Queens very often get restless as they get nearer to giving birth. Have you provided her with somewhere suitable to have the babies? Has she been digging up her bed at all? Often queens will go off their food prior to birth although this is not always the case. The first thing you might see is a discharge from her vulva, this will be the 'plug' which has kept the kittens free from infection during pregnancy. Although it is possible you can miss this. A lot of queens become very clingy to their chosen human as they are nearing birth. How many days is she into the pregnancy now? Don't leave her unattended now. You must keep a very close eye on her as it probably won't be long. Please feel free to pm me if you are worried at all

Catsey Senior

23-05-2007, 05:33 PM   #3

Thanks. She is due in 7 days. Her belly has dropped, I noticed it this morning. I had a think for her to have the kittens in but my other cat peed in it (it was a large litter box but without a cover) I was thinking of putting her in the bathroom to give her some peace from him. Good I idea or no?? She is also constantly licking herself.

Catsey Veteran

23-05-2007, 05:41 PM   #4

Are you positive she still has 7 days left?? She sounds more imminent to me from what you are saying. Regarding her kittening den, you need somewhere private, quiet and totally away from any other cats. Have you room for her in your bedroom, incase she needs your help during the night? You have to remember that wherever she is you have to be able to make yourself comfortable, it could be a very long time you are with her supporting her and making sure all is well. You urgently need to get her a kittening box made up. It doesn't matter what it is made of, a cardboard box will do but put plenty of newspapers and old towels in it for her to dig up, keep other cats away from her and make sure you don't leaver her unattended now until she gives birth. Good luck! x

Catsey Senior

23-05-2007, 05:46 PM   #5

Well the due date was a geuss becuase I wasnt home during the whole mating part. But I was thinking that it was closer myself. Alright I am going to put her in a seperate room and keep a very close eye. I just looked at her and she does seem to be a little swollen there. Thanks for the help. I will keep you posted as to what happens. I think that I am going to be having kittens this week!!!

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
23-05-2007, 05:49 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess751
Well the due date was a geuss becuase I wasnt home during the whole mating part. But I was thinking that it was closer myself. Alright I am going to put her in a seperate room and keep a very close eye. I just looked at her and she does seem to be a little swollen there. Thanks for the help. I will keep you posted as to what happens. I think that I am going to be having kittens this week!!!
Good luck Jess, I hope everything goes smoothly with the birth

Catsey Veteran

23-05-2007, 05:52 PM   #7

Keep us posted Jess, if you need any help then just shout

Catsey Senior

23-05-2007, 06:49 PM   #8

Thanks I just set Sandy up with a laundry basket and some old shirts in the bathroom. Shes never been comfortable in my bedroom. Even on her first couple days here she stayed behind the toilet in the bathroom. So thats where she is. I will keep a very close eye one her and I generally wake up in the middle of the night so she wont be alone then. What Im more worried about is when I go to work. She will be alone for 6 hours!!

Catsey Veteran

23-05-2007, 07:52 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess751
She will be alone for 6 hours!!

Have you got a friend or relative that can make regular checks on her Jess? What if she delivers early morning as you are due in work, can you get time off??

Catsey Senior

23-05-2007, 08:14 PM   #10

There is no one here that I know that can check on her. I dont know very many people here. And I have to call and talk to my manager and find out. Im not sure. I certainly hope so.