Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 10 cats (stray stayed) 3 sleeping x
17-05-2007, 07:17 PM   #1

Domino

Domino came in last night with a weeping eye, and didnt like to open it .

Well, last night, this morning, this evening and again later tonight I have been bathing it with salted warm water, when I came home from work today he could open it a little more than this morning, so I think this must be helping.

Not sure if he has clawed it, branches maybe? or even a fight which I dont think personally - no other marks etc... on him.

He seems a little sad today hes only been with us a matter of 3 weeks and I get upset when one of them are unwell like us all.

If its still weeping tomorrow - should I take him to the Vets? x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
17-05-2007, 07:20 PM   #2

Re: Domino

You are doing everything right at the minute Sweet. If it were me, I would be inclined to take him to the vets tomorrow if it isn't a deal better just to rule out a possible abrasion or ulcer on his eye which coulde turn very nasty. Do let us know how he is in the morning Sweet x

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
17-05-2007, 07:22 PM   #3

He may have something in his eye or he may have scratched it somehow. I would see what he's like in the morning and if he still can't open it properly or it looks as if he is in some discomfort with it, then I would take him to the vet.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggy
17-05-2007, 07:23 PM   #4

awwww poor Domino,I think I would take him to the vets tomorrow if its still bad.
Poor little love,hope hes better soon xx

Catsey Veteran

17-05-2007, 07:25 PM   #5

Yes, I think I agree with you both, see how he is in the morning, I am home tomorrow - its my Sons Prom tomorrow night, I should of been working lates but didnt want to miss him all dressed up etc... so took the day off.

If he still looks weepy and sad I will ring the Vet in the morning x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
17-05-2007, 07:28 PM   #6

Good on you Julie - I'd do the same.

Hope we wakes up right as rain tomorrow - needless to say, best to keep him in overnight

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
17-05-2007, 07:28 PM   #7

aww Sweet that's not so good. Please let us know how he is in the morning. Hopefully it will be better and you wont need to go to the vet.
fingers crossed.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
17-05-2007, 11:33 PM   #8

Poor Domino; hope it's much better tomorrow; if not, definitely a vet trip!Keep us posted, please!

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Domestic Shorthairs & Longhair
17-05-2007, 11:35 PM   #9

Hi Sweet, sorry I only just caught this thread.

Personaly I would see how he is in the morning, and if no better or not much improvement. You are doing everything right with the gentle bathing but it may be possible that he maybe has a tiny scratch on his eye which is not visible to you, or that he may have a little foreign object in there. If this is the case then the vet will probably need to prescribe Domino with some drops/ointment to clear it up.

Hope he is feeling better soon

Catsey Veteran

18-05-2007, 10:10 AM   #10

Domino this morning seems fine, hes not been out, just greated me at I got up - I am off today, so was having a lazy lie in .

Domino's eye is wide open today, does not seem to be weeping, so I will continue to bathe it today, maybe not a Vet visit afterall? x