Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 2 cats 1 tabby and 1 ragdoll
16-01-2009, 12:29 AM   #1

poor cass

tonite cass was being aventurous,she's just over 9mnths old now,and has discovered how to climb in the bathroom,she startedon the edge of the toilet*the seat was up* the she climbed on the sistern,to go on the shelf about the bath

then decided she'd jump on the edge of the bath,,then started walking round thne bath,"wall side" but whilst trying to turn,SHE FELL IN !! fortunately only her back end got wet coz she was quick enough to get a grip b4 she fell right in

she wasnt impressed lol,spent 20 mins licking her self dry,poor wee girl

she had already just b4 all that jumped up on edge of bath n nearly fell in,didnt put her off trying again tho

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
16-01-2009, 12:49 AM   #2

Re: poor cass

Sorry, it's not nice to laugh, but I can just see that! My Patches, who'd been told a thousand times NOT TO DRINK IN THE TOILET persisted in doing so when I wasn't looking, lost her footing once and fell in! I have never seen a wetter, madder and more embarrassed cat! Poor Cass!

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: domestic short hair (2)
16-01-2009, 12:55 AM   #3

Oh my! I have to admit that despite how poor Cass must have been feeling, that did make me laugh till I almost cried!

Our Miw, now aged 4 (almost 5), had a similar experience with the bath when she was about 5 months old, but she got a very thorough soaking and I still have the scars on my back from her trying to climb my hair and back to get out of the tub!

Poor, poor Cass! I doubt it will keep herfrom trying to walk around the edge of the tub again though......Miw is now a "pro" at it even after several near disasters!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
16-01-2009, 01:16 PM   #4

I wonder if this is something that every young cat has to learn! Merlin did exactly the same - fell into a hot bath (with me in it) and had to be rescued and dried off - but he purrred so much as I was rubbing him with a towel that I think he rather enjoyed the experience. Never did it again though.