Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
28-01-2006, 11:27 AM   #1

kit kash- bad idea

My 7 year old has gotten hold of a choccie bar wrapper with the kit kash on it. So we had a look at the web site. You cant get anything for 100 pounds.

There are people on there with 2000-3000 pounds!

My son now want to get more choccie bars to get the codes from them and see what he can win or bid on.

although he is allowed choccies bars, i think that this kind of thing is encouraging people to eat more choccie bars. I know this is the whole point of the promotion from nestle point of view, but how many people out there, kids especially,a re going to go around stuffing thier faces with chocolate to get the codes and see if they can win anything?

My son was so upset when I told him he cant go out and psend his £5 pocket money on chocolate Bars!! he said " oh mum, now i cant get anything".

He then rang my mum and step dad, asking them to keep thier wrappers, and did the same to my dad, and my two brothers and hubby!!!!
Kids always find a way around things dont they lol.

I have no doubts he may eat another bar or two, but I am not about to let him go out buying dozens of bars!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
31-01-2006, 02:18 PM   #2

Re: kit kash- bad idea

Really bad idea.
I hate how our children are being manipulated by ad/marketing people .........

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 Moggies
31-01-2006, 02:19 PM   #3

I agree with you.

There are loads of programmes on tv showing how much of an obeise (sp) nation we are then you get manufacturers promoting this kind of offer. Poor kids must be going round in circles as you have adverts on the childrens chanels trying to promote healthier eating for them

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
31-01-2006, 02:24 PM   #4

I don't agree with promoting unhealthy lifestyle choices to children - it is morally bad, however there is also parental responsibility! Was reading an article in the Sunday Times that fat kids in the U.S. are now suing food and drink manufacturers for their own obesity I think the Mums and Dads should take a fair proportion of the blame - most parents won't even say 'no' to their kids!!!

CJ - I think you did the right thing when you didn't allow your son to spend all his money on chocolate - but full marks to him for beign a resourceful little man and enlisting his family's help in collecting the wrappers!!!

Catsey Veteran

31-01-2006, 02:55 PM   #5

I totally agree the parents should have a better influenece on thier kids.
When i grew up all we saw our parents eating was burgers, crisps, take aways, sweets cakes ice cream.
I dont wnat my kids to become obese like me and have the associated pyhsical and mental problems that come with that.

we have been on a real health boost lately. No frozen stuff hardly at all, 90% of the time we have fresh veg, fresh fruit, and fesh meat from a butchers. It tastes so much nicer, and my kids eat thier emals now. better than all that frozen processed rubbish!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
31-01-2006, 03:12 PM   #6

CJ - I'm so pleased you're getting to grips with nutritious food - it's something you have to WANT to do - nobody can lecture you into healthier eating habits. It breaks my heart when I see programmes where people feed their kids utter rubbish and it's just so aparent by just looking at the kids - pallid, lacking in energy, lacking any enthusiasm for life.

It is incumbent on society as a whole; parents, schools, manufacturers, government to ensure that the next generation is bright, alert and healthy!!

*climbs down from soapbox*

Catsey Veteran

31-01-2006, 03:18 PM   #7

well my two ARENT lacking in energggggggyyyyy!
especially at 10pm when theyre still running about after being send to bed at 8pm!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 Moggies
31-01-2006, 04:51 PM   #8

CJK know that feeling, my 2 are the same

We've gone to buying meat from the local butchers as the meat you get form the supermarkets is rubbish. It's meant to be fresh but when you look underneath the meat is starting to turn green yukkk!!!

It costs a little bit more but it's worth it when you see the kids enjoying the food

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
31-01-2006, 06:48 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naomi
We've gone to buying meat from the local butchers as the meat you get form the supermarkets is rubbish. It's meant to be fresh but when you look underneath the meat is starting to turn green yukkk!!!

It costs a little bit more but it's worth it when you see the kids enjoying the food
Totally agree Nae, I have a butchers at the end of my road. Looks like he has been there since the Victorian times when the houses were built, but his meat is always fresh and so much nicer than supermarket rubbish. I am always in there these days and he also sells veg so I can get a meat and two veg meal every day from my local corner shop. Most days the children are now eating fresh meat and veg - before it was frozen rubbish cos that is all they would eat. Now I have taken the effort t change their diet they actually prefer a proper meal - THEIR FAVOURITE IS BEEF STEW AND DUMPLINGS! Which is mine too so thats lucky!!

Catsey Veteran

31-01-2006, 07:45 PM   #10

we found it doesnt cost mroe really though. I got 2lbs of diced pork, put in slow cooker with carrots etc ( all fresh) it did us all a bit bowl full, and we only used half, the pork was £3.99. got 2 lbs mince, did mince and dumnplings in slow cooker, same thing, done two meals ( frozen half of it cos we were getting so many left overs when i cooked in slkow cooker lol) £3 for mince.so it a good price really.
At first i thought it cost more, but it doesnt really, we only buy what we really need now, instead of going tesco and stocking the whole freezer up.
Used to think we didnt have much food if the freezer was half empty, now it's only got ice cream in, bread and milk in case we run out and left over dinners!