Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
27-08-2006, 06:43 PM   #1

Long or Short

One for the ladies!

Do you have long or short hair? I have over the last three years grown my hair to the longest it has been for ages (used to have it really short). I grew it for a few reasons - less hairdressing appointments as funds were limited and I never really felt that feminine with short hair.

Now that it is long it is REALLY thick and hard to manage and never looks nice so I tend to tie it up a lot. It takes me ages to wash and dry it and try to straighten the brillo pad texture of my hair.

Am yearning to go back to the wash and done in five minutes routine with my short hair as it was so easy but dont want to look like a man!!

What do you girls have for hairstyles and how do you feel about it?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 10 cats (stray stayed) 3 sleeping x
27-08-2006, 06:55 PM   #2

Re: Long or Short

Like you I have been growing mine for several years now, 6 weekly trims etc... but tend to have it up in a clip or scrunchie esp. for work (I work in a school kitchen).

I get fed up and sometimes think - gonna have it all cut off!

Well, hairdressers is this weekend coming....and Ive been comtemplating like you shall I go short?

I worry, my hair isnt thick like yours....but looks thicker when shorter.

Ive booked colour and havnt backed out yet , so not sure what I should or should not do either!

Its hard being a woman at times, im fed up being in a rut with it! but maybe scarred to change dramatically x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: sadly 1 boy now :(
27-08-2006, 08:00 PM   #3

my hairs long, 9 times out of 10 i put it in a clip, (its down at the mo) i just like long hair, but my hairs not thick its really fine. but it gets in my face some times winds me up, but not enough to have it cut short, just an inch off.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
27-08-2006, 08:06 PM   #4

Mine is shoulder length, and yes I have it in a scrunchie most of the time, or behind my ears.....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
27-08-2006, 08:30 PM   #5

I've always had long hair. wear it in a pony tail. It's thin & limp, never could do a thing with it so wore wigs for all my working life; they were styled short. Only wear them now when I go out to dinner or a party, since I've retired. But it's still dark, only a smattering of grey hairs!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
28-08-2006, 09:54 AM   #6

I have semi-long hair. Have tried short hair several times and always hated it. Doesn't stop me longing for a boyish crop, but I know I have neither the head/face or body shape for it.

I do colour my hair (or rather I now get it coloured in a salon), and this makes it more interesting as it is naturally very dark brown and quite fine I hate my hair touching my face too, so will either wear it all up in a big clip or just pull away the bits around my face with a smaller clip. I like 'big' hair so always back-comb the bit around the face/top of head so it doesn't sit dead flat on top - which really doesn't suit me

I too think longer hair is more feminine - but conversely if you can wear it short and boy-like it can also look stunning.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
28-08-2006, 01:54 PM   #7

Are there any ladies on here with short hair?????????