Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
26-08-2006, 02:26 PM   #11

Re: Poorly Dinah

What a day we had yesterday . Dinah's paw was almost better by Thursday teatime when she started her oral meds. 3.30am yesterday OH heard her crying and came down. She was crying because she had been sick all over (and I mean all over) her bed and the whole kitchen floor and had nowhere to lie. He cleaned up, gave her a clean bed, put the soiled one into wash. (all without me ... I slept soundly through this). There was another pile of ick when i went down at 6.30am and so it continued through the morning - she wasn't even keeping water down. I couldn't keep up with the washing! So, 1pm I decided to try tiny amounts of sugar/salt/water rehydration fluid, before calling the vet later if necessary. Started with 1 teaspoon at 15 minute intervals and increased it to a tablespoon by bedtime. Luckily it worked. She is fine today (but hungry) and is on light diet only.
Presume she just had a violent reaction to the (fairly normal) vet meds? I'll speak to the vet tomorrow, if only to ensure there is a note on her records.
Oh, and she is walking fine and I haven't given her any more of the drugs.
Really was a nasty day - one I don't want to repeat - but hopefully she really is on the road to recovery now.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
26-08-2006, 07:54 PM   #12

Scary DM glad she's on the mend now. But I suppose like people dogs can be allergic to certain medication. Good idea about putting a note on her records though. Good job in one respect she is the age she is and not a pup or a much older dog when she got the medication it sounds as if it would have been dire in a eldertly dog or a pup.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1
26-08-2006, 07:57 PM   #13

My word this poor girl has had her fair share lately, and poor you too! Lets hope she is on the mend PERMANENTLY! Everything crossed here.
Dawn.

Catsey Veteran

26-08-2006, 09:31 PM   #14

Hey DM ust had a thought I wonder if the drug she was given by the vets that caused the reaction were in any way "linked" to the anthestic that was a major contributing factor in her sister death? Just a thought as some drugs are "from the same family" aren't they?

Catsey Veteran

27-08-2006, 08:48 AM   #15

That's a thought - although I saw the vet who did her spay and knows the 'family history'. I'll chat it through with him on Tuesday. In the meantime she is fine - cough better, paw better and tummy better. Deo gratis

Catsey Veteran

27-08-2006, 05:23 PM   #16

But it may not have dawned on him - I mean loads of animals to see and maybe it never clicked - I doubt it though.

Glad she's on the mend.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 10 cats (stray stayed) 3 sleeping x
27-08-2006, 06:35 PM   #17

Awwww poor love, glad to read shes feeling better today x

Catsey Veteran

29-08-2006, 12:18 PM   #18

She's back to 100% but you'd wonder, seing today's pics! What a wuss!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
29-08-2006, 12:36 PM   #19

Look at the belly on that soppy doggy Isn't she sweet!

How frightening for you - violent vomitting is distressing to witness, especially in an animal to whom you can't explain what is actually happening.

I hope Dinah continues to recover and there's no repeat of this.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 Moggies
29-08-2006, 04:00 PM   #20

So glad Dinah is feeling sooo much better.

You just gotta love the way they lie on their backs flashing everything with not a care in the world