Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: sadly 1 boy now :(
15-08-2006, 10:09 PM   #31

Re: got my lung test

the results have gone to my consultant at the hosp, and my gp is going to hassle the hosp for the results, or other wise id have to wait till dec thats when ive got my next appointment, they rush things dont they

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
16-08-2006, 09:48 AM   #32

BM - surely if there was a problem that needed addressing they would be in touch??? I would certainly hope so anyways. So in a way - no news is good news . . . don't you think?

It would be a weight of your mind to know for sure though

Catsey Veteran

17-08-2006, 07:23 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by yola
BM - surely if there was a problem that needed addressing they would be in touch??? I would certainly hope so anyways. So in a way - no news is good news . . . don't you think?

It would be a weight of your mind to know for sure though
i hoping thats the case, but u know these consultants always busy doing stuff elsewhere.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Black & White
18-08-2006, 02:37 AM   #34

I do hope that the results are what you are hoping for BM, and that it's nothing serious.

Catsey Veteran

19-08-2006, 07:01 PM   #35

well got my results of the lung test today. good news, my lung capicity is 75% which is good, but still dont explain whi y im getting breathless, oh well back to the drawing board

22-08-2006, 10:39 AM   #36

Hi BM, I was very much like yourself. I smoked and didn't seem to have any problems, but I stopped 10 years ago and within weeks was having breathing problems. I have inhalers etc and am fine now. But they say when you stop smoking it takes a while for the nicotine to get out of your system, which can cause a few problems in the short term. I hope you feel a lot different in a few weeks. Going through the menopause was rotten till I went on HRT. Then it was plain sailing. I was on that for 15 years and they took me off it, I had sweats etc for a while, then just got back to 'normal' (if there is a normal, for us poor females) Ha, Ha,
Take Care,
Truly Hope you feel better very soon,
Best Wishes,
Anne.

Catsey Veteran

23-08-2006, 08:17 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anne
Hi BM, I was very much like yourself. I smoked and didn't seem to have any problems, but I stopped 10 years ago and within weeks was having breathing problems. I have inhalers etc and am fine now. But they say when you stop smoking it takes a while for the nicotine to get out of your system, which can cause a few problems in the short term. I hope you feel a lot different in a few weeks. Going through the menopause was rotten till I went on HRT. Then it was plain sailing. I was on that for 15 years and they took me off it, I had sweats etc for a while, then just got back to 'normal' (if there is a normal, for us poor females) Ha, Ha,
Take Care,
Truly Hope you feel better very soon,
Best Wishes,
Anne.
thanx ann as for hrt im not allowed cause of the heart probs, so its a case of try n find some herbal alternatives, ive tried menopace, but that hasnt helped, clonidine (so-so) going to try red clover next.