Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
30-12-2019, 12:53 AM   #1

Last Monday for 2019.

Good morning everyone,
Well it's nearly the end of 2019. It's a funny old Monday here, weatherwise.- very overcast, humid and completely still. This is quake weather and we haven't had a quake for two days now.No cars on the road either.Willow's lying by the security door waiting for someone to bark at but no one is about.I'm sitting here having a caramel latte and a pancake for lunch and trying to decide what to have for tea.

I hope everyone had a great Sunday and is looking forward to the new year.I always love starting my new diary every year and hanging my new calendar up.I vow to keep my diary neat but somehow by March, it's looking really messy with all my scribblings in it.It's like when you start a new year at school with nice new exercise books and you always vow to keep them neat (at least, I did, but it never happened).

I've decided to do tai chi classes next year. There's a class that meets at a church hall once a week ,not far from here.I believe it's a really good form of exercise. I did judo for 4 years while at university and I used to learn fencing - started that at uni too and kept it up. afterwards and did a lot of competitions etc. I'd love to do that again as I still have all the equipment but the venue is miles from here and I haven't got a car at the moment.

Willow is happy. A black dog just walked past the gate ,going for a walk with its owner, and she's had a good bark at the poor thing.

No more news, so I'll sign off now.

Hope everyone has a great Monday, and if back at work, please don't work too hard.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
30-12-2019, 04:03 PM   #2

Re: Last Monday for 2019.

Hi Diny and those to follow.

I do hope there are very few quakes and you and your wee family stay safe during them.

Glad Willow got to bark at anther dog y 2 cant see people walking by my garden fence any more as i have put tarpaulin over it to stop them barking at anything that goes by!! I also stay near a primary school and i always worried incase a little kid put their fingers through teh fence and they snapped. My 2 have no bite history but i would never put them in that position x

I am heading to a friends house to see my axolotls which she adopted from e last year. I havent seen them in about probably a year now so i am looking forward to seeing how big they have gotten. No run for me tonight as my muscles are tight from a challenging run yesterday but it was good

Tai chi sounds good, i would love to go to a boxing class but i am too self conscious to go to any type of class

Have a great day everyone

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
30-12-2019, 09:37 PM   #3

Re: Last Monday for 2019.

Hi Pamela, yeah, we did have one quake but only a small one so no worries.I can understand why you want to keep your dogs safe. Kids can tease dogs through fences. There was a case here a while back where this kid was banging the fence and the dog (Jack Russell i think) got terrified and managed to nip the kid. This was a much loved family pet but kid's parents made such a fuss and insisted that the poor dog was PTS.People should supervise their children.

Hope your axolotis are doing well.Your poor muscles- hope they don't ache too much.AND why are you self conscious girl? I know the feeling as I feel embarrassed starting something new but hey, I won't know what it's like until I give it a go and at least it's within walking distance from home.There's a boxing gym not far from here at the local mall and lots of women go to it. It's just for women. I don't think it's my thing however.

Hope Skye is continuing to improve .Thinking of her.

Enjoy your day, Pamela. and everyone else.