Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh
04-04-2014, 11:08 PM   #11

Re: Freyja, finding out if she's spayed.

We had to cancel Freyja's spay until yesterday. The vet found she had very cystic ovaries and a very engorged and turgid uterus. This may have been why she didn't have obvious seasons. Anyway, she's been done and microchipped, she is as bright as a button today and I'm hoping she will now put on weight.
Just have to get Kitty, the feral, done...... which I'm not looking forward to!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
05-04-2014, 01:14 AM   #12

Pleased all went well with the op. Haven't heard of that test before, must be new. Haven't heard of any of our rescues using it but it sounds good

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
05-04-2014, 05:48 AM   #13

Thank goodness Freyja has had her operation and is now on the road to recovery. She can now look forward to a happy ,secure life where she will be much loved. Good luck with Kitty the feral.

Catsey Veteran

27-03-2015, 08:18 AM   #14

A sad update on Freyja, who until recently was loving life and sleek and greedy.
I noticed a couple of months ago she was acting nervous and had gone off her food, normally she liked to be carried to her food bowl and then would run around everybody else's bowl stealing a bite. On examination I found a lump below her left ear, on her jawline. I took her to the vet and he thought it was an abscess so she went in to get it lanced. In honesty I didn't believe it was from a fight because I never have issues with serious fight, but accepted it could have happened and that was maybe why she was nervous. The capsule of the lump was very thick and full of bloody/ pusy fluid. We got her home and seperated her to allow her time to recover and get her nerve back. The lump kept filling with fluid and we would drain it, it wasn't infected fluid just a bloody serum. She was in pain relief and antibiotics but the lump kept growing. We put her back in for it to be opened up again and the vet sent off a biopsy, and it's a carcinoma. There is nothing we can do, other than keep her comfortable but it seems the lifespan is very short with this type of cancer and it is very fast growing so has probably spread. We don't think she is very old so feel it's a particularly cruel thing to happen to her. She's been happy here, at least, but it's no real consolation.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 4 moggies and 1 ragdoll
27-03-2015, 04:24 PM   #15

So sorry about Freyja. I always find it upsetting when an illness comes out of nowhere. Like you say at least she has been happy while she has been with you.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
27-03-2015, 10:17 PM   #16

Farthing, so sorry to hear the terrible news about Freyja.It is so upsetting when you know that nothing can be done to help her especially when she is a young cat. At least you are able to keep her comfortable. I'm thinking of you both at this sad time.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
28-03-2015, 10:26 AM   #17

I'm so sorry to read this farthing. Poor Freyja. I know you will do all you can to keep her comfortable. It's so unfair after how well she'd been doing with you and had found a safe loving home.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
30-03-2015, 03:31 AM   #18

How dreadfully sad, just when life was so good. If only sk
She had come to you sooner. She is loved & she knows it xx

Catsey Veteran

04-04-2015, 08:02 PM   #19

Thank you.
Freyja was pts on Tuesday, the lump was extending into her eye and ear and was infected despite having a convenia injection and being on baytril. The vet came to the house and she was sedated and pts on my knee, purring until she slept.
It's was sad but a release for her, to keep her any longer would have been cruel.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
04-04-2015, 11:11 PM   #20

I'm so sorry to read this farthing. She passed knowing she was loved and I'm sure that will help her on her journey. Bless you, that was a selfless thing to do.