Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
30-04-2010, 10:13 AM   #1

Road Trip Friday

Well I am off o a road trip today to the Docs so the nurse can remove my staples...yeah....my sister is taking me, about 3ish. Whats irritating is its only a 4 -5 min tops walk. But hey not at my speed now I could be gone days.....

But the thing is one step close to healing.

Have a really good day all just had cornflakes and a glass of cold milk, lovely not eating loads but drinking loads and loads...and the cold mile is gorgeous and a source of calcium.,....which I need.

So just watching a bit of daytime tv Homes Under the Hammer.....I like that programme it gives you lovely ideas. and two nice presenters. Not patronising.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
30-04-2010, 11:54 AM   #2

Re: Road Trip Friday

Morning Kazz, hope all goes well at the docs this afternoon ....... once the staples are out that's another big step forward

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
30-04-2010, 12:07 PM   #3

Morning Kazz, Mags. Well afternoon now!

Just been to the nursery and bought some multi purpose compost for carrot bags and planting up. I have had a disaster with my sweet peas, so bought some little plants as well. I fumigated the greenhouse a couple of nights ago and am continuing to spray the seedlings with plant invigorator - not sure if I've killed the RSM off or not. Plants are beginning to look a bit better.

Weather has looked really threatening this morning and I nearly didn't put the washing out, but did and it's almost dry. Cats' fleece blanket dries very quickly!

Good luck this afternoon Kazz - hope those staples are ready to come out. I keep thinking of those horrid metal things that you use in the office, or the big staple guns that builders use, but I am sure they aren't anything like those. See if the nurse recommends Bio-oil to help with the healing. Might have to wait a while longer before using it first though.

Have a good day everyone. Weekend nearly here.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
30-04-2010, 12:17 PM   #4

Hope all goes comfortably for you at this afternoon's milestone event Kazz!

Here we're having a few problems with plumbers who have brought the water softener unit and can't seem to fit it in the cupboard that their boss said it would fit in! We're waiting for the boss to come and have a look!

Rather dull and chilly today, hope the weekend weather is better!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
30-04-2010, 12:22 PM   #5

Hope your visit wasn't too unpleasant Karen and that you are feeling a lot better

I'm at exhaustion point as hubby was hospitalised at 3am yesterday, not sure if it's pneumonia or a clot in his lungs. So between that and the meeting I had yesterday with CAHMS regarding my youngest and getting her assessed AND dealing with a very stroppy teenager who thinks the world is against her, I feel like sitting in a corner and crying But hey ho, just have to get on with it.

Lots of rain on and off here today, so not really venturing outside either lol. Means I have to do housework!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
30-04-2010, 12:27 PM   #6

Goodness Alex - I do hope that your hubby will be OK and that you can sort your meeting out to your satisfaction.

Loads of good wishes winging their way to you.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
30-04-2010, 12:28 PM   #7

Sorry to hear about your husband Alex, I do hope he'll feel better soon.

Also hope you manage to sort things out with your daughter ((((hugs))))

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
30-04-2010, 01:32 PM   #8

Good Lord Alex was he poorly before? sit in a corner and cry if you want to girl.

Mrs H sounds like a interesting morining hope the boss sorts it....unless he was not wearing his glasses when he looked.

Angie, a productive morinings shopping....where are you planning on going on your next MIL break? and my staple do look like those used in a office metal. And I am keeping my scar I earned it I am keeping it....

Yes Mags another greeat leap forward into recovery.

So its raining here my new fridge freezer was delivered about an hour ago and I had to physically sit on my hands to stop moving it into the position I want left them to it now the delivery men unwrapped it and its plgged in and my Dad and brother and messing around with the space around it......IRRITIATION....but I have left them to it and come upstairs with a dish of soup....so I can't be tempted to intervene or argue...I will put it where I want when I am well its pnly a FF... a nice one too give me more room the fridge large larder fridge broke the other day Tuesday...choose one on the interent Wed, ordered it from work and had it delivered today.....now decided to dispose of the large freezer and stick to FF combo don'#t need all that room now and so much space saved.....can get a 1000mm unit in next to it now.... anyhow having couple of paracetamol and then off to the Docs. See you all later.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
30-04-2010, 01:53 PM   #9

He wasn't unwell in the slightest, that was the strange thing about it. But thankfully, it's not a clot They are calling it a lung infection and he should be getting home very soon The lady who did the assesssment of Hayley yesterday says her gut feeling is that she is ASD at least with possible ADHD and dyspraxia thrown in lol. Just glad someone is listening to us at last. As for Raechel.. she's 13, I only have another few years before she becomes normal again, right?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
30-04-2010, 02:17 PM   #10

hello all.
early start this morning. off to take Miss Winnie to the vet for some xrays to rule out additional illness/disease. she may just need a Prednisilone adjustment, we'll see. it takes several hours so me and k are going to meander around town and kill time..maybe try a new restaurant or something.
Hestia still not home....I don't know whether to worry myself sick or be angry with her and push it far from my mind.
My mom is recovering at home from knee surgery she had yesterday. She sounds goofy on painkillers.
Lots of doc appts for k coming up to determine if surgery is needed on his legs..no one is giving us a straight answer, hmm.
Hope you all have a good one. I'll let you all know if Winnie's results are eventful.