Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
25-04-2010, 08:46 AM   #1

Sodding Wet Sunday!!

It is definitely so here today - light, consistent drizzle.

Cemetery Junction was brilliant last night - as it is written by a Reading boy (Gervais) about an area of Reading (Cemmy Jcn) there were lots of 'in' jokes about the town. Notwithstanding that though, it was a superbly acted, directed and written film. Dinner was lovely too, except for the surly Russian table service; it was lovely to be out - but Reading's really scary at night with lots of drunken and agressive groups of young people wandering around. I even got called 'lush'

Today it's the usual; riding with Domi, allotment, swimming with Domi and picking up my Mum who's coming to stay several days

Enjoy your Sunday folks!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
25-04-2010, 09:06 AM   #2

Re: Sodding Wet Sunday!!

Morning Yola, morning all.
The sun is trying hard to break through here today. Just back from my over night stay at Graveyard cottage. Feeling very tired but have a fair few things to do today.
Have a good day every one xxx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
25-04-2010, 10:51 AM   #3

It was raining earlier - but not much, that sort of drizzly misty rain, only good for settling the dust. Sun has tried to come out a couple of times but has given up atm.

OH has gone down to the driving range and taken his Ma for a run out in the car. She sits in the car with her puzzle books and (?) gets chatted up by a rather debonair gentleman. We have no way of knowing if this last is true or not. Anyway, she is always eager to go!!!

My tub of orange and dark maroon tulips are looking promising - they should look stunning when they are out. Camera will be in action again!

Enjoy your Sunday folks!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
25-04-2010, 03:46 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
OH has gone down to the driving range and taken his Ma for a run out in the car. She sits in the car with her puzzle books and (?) gets chatted up by a rather debonair gentleman. We have no way of knowing if this last is true or not. Anyway, she is always eager to go!!!

!
This tickled me angie, you never know if it's true they may elope Seriously whether it's true or not, if it gives her pleasure then that can only be good. It must be nice for you to have a break as well.
We have been for a lovely walk along the banks of the River Douglas and saw big silver fish leaping out of the water, not a clue what they are.
I'm not a happy bunny though, Malaika has been growling at me when i have picked her up, usualy when she has become over excited and she has actualy nipped me too. The breeder has recommended smacking her bottom but i find this makes her worse.
I know the breed can be difficult and our last Basenji could be like this but as lots of people assured me the temperament had improved and the breeder herself told me her Dogs have never growled, i am so very disapointed in her at the moment.
Yola, glad you enjoyed your meal, what a shame the service was surly, it must have spoiled it a bit.
Elaine is the cottage realy called Graveyard cottage ?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
25-04-2010, 04:02 PM   #5

Hi everyone. The heavy rains missed the City, all we got was .13" overnight. Still cloudy and they are again predicting bad t'storms this afternoon, hope those miss us too. It's 13 C (53 F) now, much below normal. Slept in and no particular plans for the day.

Yola, that's scary about the louts; but glad it was generally a nice evening. Angie, look forward to the tulip pics! Elaine, make some "me" time in between the chores. Shelley, what a shame about the pup; would obedience classes be a help? I'm clueless about dogs (and leaping fish too!).

Any more w about Kazz?

Have a nice day, people.

Catsey Veteran

25-04-2010, 04:07 PM   #6

Hello Eileen, we have started taking Malaika to puppy classes so it should help and we are able to email the trainer with any probs. Will have to tell the breeder, they can get a little cross if you don't keep them informed.
I know Salmon leap but don't know whether Salmon would be in the river, thay were about 9" long and silver.
Lets hope Kazz is doing ok, maybe she will be home tomorrow?

Catsey Veteran

25-04-2010, 04:09 PM   #7

I was thinking of salmon too, they do come up river to spawn, but don't know if it's that time of the year? I hope the classes help.

Catsey Veteran

25-04-2010, 07:59 PM   #8

Eileen, someone has told me they think the fish were Chubb, whatever they are.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Imogen BSH
25-04-2010, 09:49 PM   #9

Evening everyone,
Feels like so long since I've posted here, have had a lot going on recently but have been lurking and keeping in touch! Distinctly damp day here, spent most of it indoors though, a friend and I went to Wonderwool Wales which was great fun-so many different colours and textures of yarn. Managed not to spend too much money!
Have a good week all
Lx

Catsey Veteran

25-04-2010, 09:57 PM   #10

HI, PL, so you'll be knitting some new interesting things for us to see?

Leia's blue mouse is still a favorite!