Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
24-01-2007, 07:25 PM   #21

Re: Pass

I have everything crossed that the Feliway works Julie. Please let us know how things are going and let us help support you through this x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 10 cats (stray stayed) 3 sleeping x
24-01-2007, 08:12 PM   #22

I have just got back from the Vets...

I have sprayed everywhere with Feliway and have the plug in plugged into my bedroom which is normally where they are alot anyhow, this will be their home for the next week.

I have moved boxes in there for them to hide or play, I have moved their litter tray, I just need to get a different litter, the Vet didnt seem to think the wood based one was the answer, she seemed to prefer the gravel type?

I know it will take a while for this stuff to work, they are currently under my bed. Probably wondering why they have been shut in - normally they would be on the stairs watching on an evening.

Any other suggestions would greatly be appreciated.

Fingers and paws crossed

Love, Julie x

Catsey Veteran

24-01-2007, 08:34 PM   #23

Julie, did your Ex use wood based litter? I only ask because when I got Porsha she was used to wood based, so I switched all my cats to wood based but Clooney who had never used wood based before absolutely refused to use it and used to do his business on the Bathroom floor, so now I have gone back to gravel and everyone is happy...just a thought..

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 10 cats (stray stayed) 3 sleeping x
24-01-2007, 08:37 PM   #24

The Vet suggested Gravel...what brand do you use? My ex. probably only used Tesco own x

Catsey Veteran

24-01-2007, 08:41 PM   #25

I like the lightweight ones. My favourite is Asda's own lightweight, but Clooney will use any gravel litter but will not use the wood pellets..Perhaps if they are used to gravel then they are like Clooney and refuse to use the wood based litter? It's worth trying gravel Julie. Another thing with Clooney is, he will not use a litter tray if it is quite soiled. The trays have to be spotless for him So maybe you could try switching to the gravel and fully changing the trays every day? A pain I know but it has worked for Clooney. Good luck x

Catsey Veteran

24-01-2007, 08:49 PM   #26

Something else I have thought of Sweet, regarding the peeing on your bed. Are they both doing this or just one of them? The only time I had a problem with this was with Clooney again, when he had cystitis..so what I am saying is do you think there might be a medical cause?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
24-01-2007, 08:57 PM   #27

I only use Asdas own lightweight one too Julie, and have had no problems at all with it. I find it great value. The other thing to check is where you have their litter tray. Is it in an open place or more sheltered and where was it placed at your ex's house?

Catsey Veteran

24-01-2007, 09:00 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexgirl73
The other thing to check is where you have their litter tray. Is it in an open place or more sheltered and where was it placed at your ex's house?
Good point Alex. Also, do you use covered litter trays or open ones? and what did your Ex have?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
24-01-2007, 10:37 PM   #29

Julie, wish you'd shared this with us...I'm so sorry you've been having such a awful time...hope and pray that the Feliway will help ...and bless you for giving them a second chance...(((hugs)))...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Ragdoll, 2 Siamese & a Balinese
24-01-2007, 10:43 PM   #30

Aww Sweet, I didn't realise either that you were having such problems. I know how hard that can be.

Well done for giving them a second chance and fingers crossed that the Feliway works, as well as all the other suggestions from Fran etc.

Good luck & keep us posted.

(((((hugs)))))
Charlie
xx