Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 10 cats (stray stayed) 3 sleeping x
24-01-2007, 09:17 AM   #1

Pass

I cannot get the vision out of my head.....two beautiful cats sitting in a clinical white box with people walking straight past them, maybe stopping a while to tickle their noses or scritch their ears.....

Poor loves, maybe they cannot help doing their number 1's and 2's everywhere - in my heart I know Ive tried and tried and tried - its tearing me apart this morning.....

I awoke lying in number 1's, a wet quilt for me, and number 2's everywhere again, well not everywhere, just upstairs in my bedroom and on the landing, all the normal places.

This post is rambling, sorry.

Sorry Misty and Jac - I have failed you both, failed to give you your forever home and now you have to face that clinical white box and people passing you by...

I pray and pray and pray when you go into the Rescue, someone out there will love you both as much as me, and I always will love you.

Your broken hearted Mummy x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
24-01-2007, 09:28 AM   #2

Re: Pass

Oh Julie - I had no idea you were having such terrible messing problems with the new additions. Was your ex having similar problems with them?

I think possibly Misty and Jac will do better in a household where there are fewer cats . . .

It must have been a heartwrenchingly difficult decision to make - I'm so sorry you were faced with having to make it

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
24-01-2007, 09:50 AM   #3

If they were OK at your ex's please ask him to take them back. Cats will cope without a huge amount of human interaction if they are in a home they feel secure.

So sorry Julie

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
24-01-2007, 11:02 AM   #4

I am so sorry Julie, I had no idea you were having problems with Misty and Jac Did they do this at your ex's?

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 2 cats
24-01-2007, 11:26 AM   #5

I had this problem with two rescues (12 weeks old when I got them). I tried for six months but things were only getting worse and as awful as it sounds I started to dislike them. If they had been out they would run straight upstairs and poo on my bed and wee on my worktops. I had to take them back I just couldn't cope with it . That was 10 years ago since when I have got Rosie and now little (not so little anymore) Alfie. They are both brilliant cats and very very clean (touch wood). I have read about this problem on other cat forums and no one seems to have an answer.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
24-01-2007, 12:27 PM   #6

Isn't the cat psychology that they are feeling insecure so have to go somewhere they feel 'safe' (your bedroom, with lots of concentrated 'you' smells and fewer distractions) to eliminate?
I'm sorry, I don't know how to combine dealing with the issue and giving them a reasonable quality of life too.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
24-01-2007, 12:33 PM   #7

Sorry to hear you've been having these problems Julie ....... did you ex ever mention they had problems like this? If not, I would say it could be caused by the upheaval for them being moved to a new place with several other cats.

I agree with DM, try to get you ex to take them back where they were in surroundings they felt comfortable....... with no threat from other cats.....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
24-01-2007, 12:49 PM   #8

Julie so sorry to hear that things have come to this. If your ex can't take them back at least you know that you tried your very best for them and that they will find a home soon which will be just right for them. ((HUGS)) xx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
24-01-2007, 01:23 PM   #9

I guess it's too late now if they are going today but I wondered if you had tried the Feliway plug ins. They can sometimes be useful in situations of this nature...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
24-01-2007, 01:26 PM   #10

I'm so sorry. ((((((((())))))) Hugs