Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Moggie - Molly Moo!
03-09-2007, 12:25 PM   #1

Worming & Fleas

Molly is due for her booster next month and that is the only time we can get her to have the worming tablet as she goes all quiet when on the vet's table! but we want to start doing it at home but Molly hates having tablets taken and she'll smell them in her food so won't eat it but I wondered if there is possibly a combined Wormer & Flea treatment in the Pipettes (like Frontline) please? If not can anyone recommend something please?

Thanks.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
03-09-2007, 12:34 PM   #2

Re: Worming & Fleas

Don't know if there is a combination pipette but there is a drop-on wormer (Profender). I think it's only available through your vet/on prescription though

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
03-09-2007, 03:48 PM   #3

I use liquid liver-flavored wormer with Onyx; just add it to the wet food. Don't know if it's available in th UK, however.......

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: feral moggy
03-09-2007, 06:31 PM   #4

There are wormer granules too that go on food too. I use spot on for fleas and worms it's so much easier. I hated to see my cats in so much distress at taking tablets that usually they end up spitting out as soon as your back is turned....

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Domestic Shorthairs & Longhair
03-09-2007, 07:36 PM   #5

Advocate treats both fleas and some types of worm, but it is prescription only so you would have to ask your vet about that.

There is also a spot-on wormer, used exactly the same as Frontline called 'Profender'. It is made by the same people who make the Drontal tablets, and works in exactly the same way.

The only thing to remember if you decide to use Profender, is that you MUST leave 48 hours between applying Profender and Frontline.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: torty
John is Male
04-09-2007, 05:01 PM   #6

I use Profender on Millie...works very well