Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 Moggies
07-11-2006, 08:44 AM   #1

Dailt Shred ~ Tuesday

A rather dull and damp morning here today. The cats have been fed but Moli's got a funny head on her this morning and is being a right grumpy mare

Not a lot planned for today apart from finishing sorting Paul's clothes out and packing them away. Hopefully finish making the windowsill for the big window in the kitchen today (did the little window yesterday and i'm actually quite chuffed with my effort ) then finish painting the walls in the bedroom. Hopefully the bedroom will be completed by Friday before the valuers come round.

At the moment I've got half a leg of lamb on the stove ready to make lamb stew for tonight, yummy

Hope everyone has a good day today

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 10 cats (stray stayed) 3 sleeping x
07-11-2006, 09:23 AM   #2

Re: Dailt Shred ~ Tuesday

Can we all come to tea?? sounds yum!

Damp and drizzly here too, I have 3 snoozing cats sitting practically on top of me as I type! off to work later, Daughter took herself off to school, showing off her sling from the Hospital yesterday! nothing major just some bruising and soft tissue - a little girl who she looks after at break time on a Monday hit her with a bat .

Better go shower, have a good day all x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 Moggies
07-11-2006, 11:25 AM   #3

Oh blimey Sweet

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
07-11-2006, 11:50 AM   #4

It's finally nice again here - the fog took a while to disperse this moring. When you think deeply (! ) it's only 6 weks till the shortest day, so if we continue with sunny days like this that time should fly by!
Had a great time at the gig last night (Bournemouth - Yola asked yesterday) - italian and a couple of glasses of wine before. He did almost 2 hours, including 4 encores, and the old heads were still screaming for more. I suppose it's unsurprising that the demographic of the audience was as it was. There weren't actually any zimmer frames that I cold see, but I suspect some of the audience were drawing pensions. There were younger people too, including a little chap of about 12 weeks, in his Dad's arms!
Nothing planned for today, except recovering!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
07-11-2006, 07:06 PM   #5

Well I had nothing planned then decided to move the shed!!!!! as you do.

Took the girls out first then set to work.

The shed looks miles better where it is now. It was the moving of the 3x2 slabs for the base that slowed me down then levering the shed into place as I did not want it dismantled not the brightest of ideas with hindsight but now its done it looks great. My Dad came round as I was starting to move the shed and was a great help then he fell over and sprained his ankle -swelled really quickly, and bruised all his knee. So he is strapped up now and sitting down.

I finished moving the shed, and then then put everything back in took the junk/rubbish round the skip.

Brought another 6 bags of gravel on the way back added that to the "gravel area" now is situ in the garden - looking good.

Set up my new bird feeder (I'll get a picture tomorrow)
Got mobbed by a gang of starling - they then got mobbed by Goerge Henry (the robin)

Repositioned the tumble dryer in the kitchen.

Of cooked and eaten dinner I had chicken curry and pilau rice with Nan bread. Lovely.

Now on here for a bit.

Planning what to do for tomorrow may take up the old slabs from under the old shed base and lay block paving there - depends on the weather.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
07-11-2006, 07:20 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz
Well I had nothing planned then decided to move the shed!!!!! as you do.

Took the girls out first then set to work.

The shed looks miles better where it is now. It was the moving of the 3x2 slabs for the base that slowed me down then levering the shed into place as I did not want it dismantled not the brightest of ideas with hindsight but now its done it looks great. My Dad came round as I was starting to move the shed and was a great help then he fell over and sprained his ankle -swelled really quickly, and bruised all his knee. So he is strapped up now and sitting down.

I finished moving the shed, and then then put everything back in took the junk/rubbish round the skip.

Brought another 6 bags of gravel on the way back added that to the "gravel area" now is situ in the garden - looking good.

Set up my new bird feeder (I'll get a picture tomorrow)
Got mobbed by a gang of starling - they then got mobbed by Goerge Henry (the robin)

Repositioned the tumble dryer in the kitchen.

Of cooked and eaten dinner I had chicken curry and pilau rice with Nan bread. Lovely.

Now on here for a bit.

Planning what to do for tomorrow may take up the old slabs from under the old shed base and lay block paving there - depends on the weather.
After all that have you changed out of your WonderWoman outfit now Kazz???????

I dont know how you do it all!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
07-11-2006, 07:20 PM   #7

Wow - Kazz - made me feel very lazy reading that.
Might have been a better weekend job. However - great weather so I can understand you being enthused!

Catsey Veteran

07-11-2006, 07:28 PM   #8

I think it was the weather plus I was looking at the garden and realised it just didn't gell and then realised what it was and think I've resolved it now. Really really pleased with it now.
Looks more floor space now it seems the shed 8ft x 6ft was taking up and area of 6ft x 20ft as space to the right couln't be used for anything. I couldn't do anything with now with the block paving etc in Spring I have gained about 14ft of garden well patio actually.

Will look better when the block paving is done but good enough for now.
Once you decide to do something you may as well do it,

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
07-11-2006, 09:29 PM   #9

Election Day here! Off to the polls before lunch & got there at a good time, only a short wait to vote,,,I was the 554th voter. Will probably be up late tonight waiting for results: a very crucial mid-term election! Was very disappointed that Onyx, the homeless black cat that I've started feeding wasn't in her usual spot this morning when I went to retrieve her plate; but then it wasn't sunny and that's when she likes to be there, She still wasn't there when I went out later to put out the trash & fill the bird feeder, but she was further up the yard sheltering from the light drizzle under the cedar tree...she backed off when I got too close, so I just put down the plate (turkey feast today!) and spoke soothingly for a few minutes and moved away....in a few minutes she was gobbling!! Am so pleased she was there! Kazz: I feel worn out just reading about your day!!! Have a pleasant evening, all!!

Catsey Veteran

07-11-2006, 09:36 PM   #10

What a lovely name Onyx, glad she showed up. Is she possibly a new member of the household or just a passing visitor?

DM was the voting for what we're seeing here on the TV, midterm elections?

I feel fine actually, muscles now considering aching but haven't quite made up their minds.

Karen