Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: .
Luke is Male
05-11-2006, 12:07 PM   #1

Our bonfire night went out with a bang!

Well our bonfire night was great! We had a fair few relatives, one set of close neighbours who'se daughter and I have been best mates since we were like four..and it was just good fun! Grub was rather nice (bar im paying for that spicey curry this morning-someone with long term bowel problems really should know better!)And the fireworks were spectacular!! We had about four hours of fireworks and then it was getting bloody cold so we started tying bundles together-thats what happens when everyone who comes brings a small infantry of fireworks!!
All bar one, a big rocket, went off..so after we had done all the fireworks and finished up about qaurter past 11...we decided instead of leaving it till morning we would tidy all the fireworks up-the job of a pair of thirty something cousins of mine who were the biggest kids of the night! Well they put them all in-including the one that didn't go off..and you guessed it all of a sudden was this great rumbling noise from the drum then piercing through the side came a screaming rocket-it sdid go off in the sky, rather low done, with a tremendous BANG! But it left a problem on its path of reckage, from where the drum had been rattling-a rather large plank of wood that was alight fell out and landed on the , still, rather large wood pile-which i said was too close to the drum, and yes you guessed again-we had an even bigger bonfire then!
Oh it was slightly scary..but great fun! The last drifters of peoples cleared off at about half past three, and me and me mam and the sister who's kids were flat out on the beds upstairs by this point, and her hubby was fiddling with the fire in the garden to make sure it was out, did a light tidy up of paper plates n such-see we weren't washing loads up!, then washing the two huge saucepans which had homed the curry..the pans for the chilli..tray for bakes potatoes and sausages etc..and theres only a bit left to do today, but anyway-didnt get up too bed till about half five-at which point i collapsed with the dogs, on the bed and nodded off-i'm still shattered, but it was a good night.
Took lots of pictures..not all would interst of course, and theres only a few decent ones of our lethal fire!Taken when it was dying out, cause at full rage it was just waaaay too hot to go near!

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
05-11-2006, 12:15 PM   #2

Re: Our bonfire night went out with a bang!

Sounds like you had a great night Luke, glad it all went smoothly!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
05-11-2006, 04:20 PM   #3

Glad it all went with a bang Luke!!! (sorry that was really bad wasn't it!!)

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 10 cats (stray stayed) 3 sleeping x
05-11-2006, 08:09 PM   #4

Glad you had a great time, bet your shattered now though x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: .
Luke is Male
05-11-2006, 08:15 PM   #5

Thanks folks-i am still shattered, signed off after posting this and slept all day!! It certainley was a good night...got emails/phone calls off various folk who came last night and all said twas good fun.
Roll on next year!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
05-11-2006, 09:38 PM   #6

Glad it went so well, Luke! Wish I could have been there, sounded like great fun!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
05-11-2006, 10:20 PM   #7

Super!!! Sounds like your fireworks were far better than the effort I attended

Glad you had a good time . . . you KNOW you had a good time if your'e shattered the next day