Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh called pip!
13-04-2012, 06:46 PM   #11

Re: Minnie

hope you get some answers from the vets on tues!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
17-04-2012, 09:20 AM   #12

Thinking about you and Minnie today Jacks - fingers and toes crossed here.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: tabby cat
17-04-2012, 06:55 PM   #13

We have been to the vets.Had a long chat with the vet.Karen(the vet)said all the things Minnies doing point to senile dementia but to make sure they are doing blood tests on kidneys,liver and thyroid(even though her thyroids are gone,but when she had the op they found thyroid tissue where it shouldnt be).I mentioned high blood pressure and am taking her in tomorrow morning for the day so they can make sure shes calm and pick the moment to do the blood pressure check.Pick her up tomorrow evening after work.I know she will be ok up there as they love her and make a fuss of her.They can treat the high blood pressure.Because Minnie hasnt been eating regularly Karen said when i saw her shaking that might be the reason.Her blood sugars could of dropped to low.I havent seen her do it any more.She does seem to be eating more.
On a positive note in a month her weights gone from 3.5kg to 3.9kg.
Will get all the results tomorrow so will tell you more then.Thankyou for your support.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
17-04-2012, 07:20 PM   #14

You are so lucky to have a vet who knows and loves Minnie and that you trust will do the very best for her. Fingers and toes will be crossed again tomorrow, but I have uncrossed them for this evening because things were getting difficult

My best wishes for Minnie as always and Kizzy sends her best comforting purrrrs too.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh called pip!
17-04-2012, 07:28 PM   #15

hope everything goes well for minnie tomorrow x

Catsey Senior

17-04-2012, 08:03 PM   #16

Thankyou angieh and lynz85.Minnie is fast asleep under the quilt at the moment.We are lucky that the vets is at the top of my road so Minnie dosent have to put up with a car journey.They said if i cant get her in the cat carrier just bring her up in a blanket.Karen is very good and kind and understands how special Minnie is to us.She said that Minnie is in good condition and dosent look like an old cat.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
17-04-2012, 08:13 PM   #17

Hoping everything goes well for Minnie tomorrow....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
17-04-2012, 10:10 PM   #18

My 17 year old...Leo tends to sit and stare at the wall. he also does a lot of yowling too....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
18-04-2012, 06:28 PM   #19

thinking about Minnie and hope she goes on ok at the vets and there are some answers.

Catsey Senior

18-04-2012, 06:57 PM   #20

Took Minnie to the vets this morning for the day,couldnt get her in the cat carrier on my own so carried her up wrapped in a blanket.Funnily enough she seemed happier like that.
Got the blood results back and everything is ok,they took her blood pressure and that is normal.They checked her eyes and they are ok.So it looks like Minnie has the start of senile dementia.The vet said like a human she will have good days and bad days.Im happy that i know theres no underlying health problems and Minnie is just being Minnie.We will take one day at a time and she will get even more love and attention.Thankyou for your support and will keep you all updated.Thanks to Kizzy for having a word with the Great cat in the sky and making sure things wernt to bad.