Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Cross-breed (Maine Coon)
06-04-2012, 06:35 PM   #1

Update and a question about Fortekor

Hello All,

Hope you're all well. I've just been readong about Misty, Beau and Joy. To JMPAR and Velvet, I hope your respective fur babies are back to their usual hi-jinx very soon x

Billy is happy and doing well on his medication, I'm pleased to report .

We have to go away for a few days on Sunday so Billy is going to his 'Aunty Theresa' at the Cattery and I'm totally fine with it because she's very, very good at her job where medications and special treatment are concerned. I just have one question.

I know Vidalta has to be taken at the same time every day, so he gets that at approximately 6pm.

He gets his Fortekor at about 10pm, though none of the literature I've read on Fortekor says it has to be taken at the same time every day, just once daily (as prescribed by my vet).

My question is, can we safely move Billy's fortekor to the same time as the Vidalta for the 3 nights he's at the cattery? Does anyone else give Vidalta and Fortekor together?

Thanks a lot xxx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
06-04-2012, 07:55 PM   #2

Re: Update and a question about Fortekor

Generally speaking medications should be taken at aproximately the same times each day or what ever the dosage is but as far as I am aware it wouldnt do any harm. The harm comes when meds are never taken consistantly. Hope that helps.

Catsey Junior

06-04-2012, 08:02 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine
Generally speaking medications should be taken at aproximately the same times each day or what ever the dosage is but as far as I am aware it wouldnt do any harm. The harm comes when meds are never taken consistantly. Hope that helps.
Thank you Elaine, that helps . As I say Theresa is very good and has some patience who need insulin and even one who needs to be catheterised so I don't think there should be a problem leaving things as they are. We deliberately give Billy the Vidalta at 6pm as that's the one that definitely needs a regular regime and we're all around at that time of day .

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
06-04-2012, 08:36 PM   #4

Hi Gaina - so glad to hear that Billy is doing well. Glad you have a reliably good carer to look after him while you are away and glad that Elaine could help with info.

Catsey Junior

06-04-2012, 11:18 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
Hi Gaina - so glad to hear that Billy is doing well. Glad you have a reliably good carer to look after him while you are away and glad that Elaine could help with info.
Thanks angie. I just realised I said 'patience' when I meant 'guests'. My brain is letting me down badly tonight