Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
25-01-2012, 07:24 PM   #11

Re: Need some advice re cat :)

What a great idea - hope it works and that they stay on long enough for little Sparrow to heal.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
26-01-2012, 01:08 AM   #12

What a clever idea!

Hope he soon feels better, poor little love. xx

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 2 moggies
02-02-2012, 10:00 AM   #13

ooo so far so good Antibiotics are working and his inability to scratch is helping loads So fingers crossed he will heal fully this time !

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
02-02-2012, 10:44 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skitz
ooo so far so good Antibiotics are working and his inability to scratch is helping loads So fingers crossed he will heal fully this time !
Excellent news! Sometimes you just need something to break the cycle; in this case the soft claws seem to be doing the trick.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
02-02-2012, 07:29 PM   #15

Where do you get the soft claws from?

Cats owned: Norwegian Forest Cat
03-04-2012, 11:25 PM   #16

And how do you get them on your cat??

Catsey Junior

04-04-2012, 09:22 AM   #17

Hi sorry guys haven't been on for a while The soft claws I got from Ebay I started with a UK seller as I needed them asap they were £10 a set but I now use a hong kong supplier 99p and loads of colours but they take 6 weeks to arrive!

To get them on I recommend starting with the front claws as those are the ones they are going to attack with when you do the back paws lol ...You need 2 really brave volunteers too 1 to hold the paws and one to hold the cat ha ha ! all you do is gently squeeze the paw to extend the claw then put a tiny (I mean tiny!!) drop of glue into the bottom of the soft claw then you gently slide it over the claw and your done! you have to watch the cat for a few mins after applying them but afetr that, thats it! just wait for them to come off as they shed the claws, Sparrow now has multi coloured toes coz I just replace them as and when they come off

Catsey Junior

04-04-2012, 09:41 AM   #18

OO I forgot to say Sparrow has fully healed at last! and we now know he is allergic to flea treatment! at the mo he doesn't have fleas and I'm that as I keep on top of the dogs and other cats flea treatment he shouldn't get any. Both cats are house cats atm, Mittens used to live outside and only come back for food but since we moved in december she wont go out !

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
04-04-2012, 10:03 AM   #19

I am so glad that Sparrow has healed ....... what a grand thing you have done for him. You have sought a remedy and thankfully it has worked for him. You deserve a pat on the back and probably a big purr from Sparrow.