Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
03-11-2011, 11:42 PM   #11

Re: Catsey vibes needed please

Hope it all went well........

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
04-11-2011, 12:57 AM   #12

She cried most of the drive to the vets & i felt like crying too.

Very neat small wound. The buster collar terrifies her & Tim doesnt know her. Amber has been cool about it all, just one growl when she got dunted with the dratted plastic collar! She has had some chicken & is in the big crate in my bedroom - for her own safety as she keeps banging into things. I also didnt want her jumping on & off the bed for first 24 hours. Tim & Amber are in the conservatory. I think he will stay outside but Amber may want in, curiosity & all that. Poor Mindy - she was Tim's shadow & he doesnt want anything to do with her

Left her for five mins whilst nipped to barhroom, came back & thought how comfy she looked, too much so - darn collar was OFF! Repetition of Amber ... Dont think i will get much sleep tonight

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
04-11-2011, 11:32 AM   #13

Poor wee Mindy - the stress of the op, the indignity of the collar and her best friend not wanting to know - she smells of the surgery no doubt. You could try rubbing Tim with a dry cloth and transferring his scent to Mindy - see if that helps but probably worth just leaving her to settle for a bit. There is an alternative called Comfy collars I believe. Sure someone here has tried it. I'll try and do a search.

Here's the thread link Velvet http://www.catsey.com/showthread.php...t=comfy+collar

It was Squirrel's Comfy Collar from Amazon link I had in mind ..... a more reasonable price, not sure though whether Mindy would get out of it just as easily.

Catsey Veteran

05-11-2011, 02:26 AM   #14

Thanks Angie I got one of those for Amber but it didn't work, she was still able to twist round & get at her stitches

I've ordered baby grows off eBay, premature baby size - think the indignity of wearing clothes might be preferable to wearing the plastic hood. It really is an old fashioned outddated solution, they should be able to think of something else to keep them from the stitches

Today Tim has been a real pain in the butt. Amber is still ok so long as Mindyndoes not go too near with the plastic hood. Poor little Mindy just does not understand. It's like being the new kid all over again

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
05-11-2011, 09:36 AM   #15

Poor little girlie. Hope she's able to integrate soon.

Bizarrely enough, Cloud never bothered about her stitches, so though I did have something I could put on, it wasn't needed....

Catsey Veteran

05-11-2011, 05:43 PM   #16

You are lucky Squirrel. If I take the collar off she is working at the stitches immediately

She is very quiet today, can't understand why the other cats dont want to know her. Amber ignores her and Tim still a bit hissy.

She isn't eating much today so have just cooked some chicken breast - it's cooling as i type. If need be will hand feed her. Also soaked some kibble in the stock the chicken cooked in to see if that will tempt her.

The lady at the rescue where we got Tim & Amber from has two kittens roughly same age as Mindy. One a female was spayed the day after Mindy by another vet in another area with dissolvable stitches and no victorian collar. If one vet can do it with kittens, I don't see why ours can't. It also gets to me that they insist the stitches are kept in 14 days, that is sooo prolonging the agony for wee cats & kittens.

I plugged in a new Feliway diffuser today as much to help relax her as try and calm Tim down.

Very neat little wound

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
05-11-2011, 06:01 PM   #17

I've never understood why so few vets use the dissolvable stitches! Misty had them. Leia didn't. They are so much easier for the cat and her Mom too!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
05-11-2011, 06:50 PM   #18

That's just bizarre! I know that all that needed doing with Cloud was to take her into the nurse for a post op check up to make sure it hadn't got infected or something. Then it was just keep an eye on her and go play. And the scar was a little line - that looks circular!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
05-11-2011, 06:54 PM   #19

I had dissolvable stitches in my own abdominal surgery!