Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Birman.
22-10-2011, 09:28 AM   #1

Mitzi constipated

I'm getting a bit concerned now as Mitzi hasn't been 'number 2' in the past 2 days. She did try the night before last but she just sat on her litter tray for a few minutes waiting for things which didn't happen.

I'll be asking the vet this morning but I was wondering if there was anything natural that might help things pass through. Milk is out, and she's getting fluids but maybe not enough so I'll try her on some rehydrating fluid again at intervals which she's happy to lap as I drizzle in. She eats a mixture of wet, dry, and raw food. I can't monitor how much dry she's having as she usually nibbles on this during the night. I know she is near the very end of her life as she is now looking quite gaunt but still fairly active and she's recently taken to Putney's old wicker basket with the heated under blanket, but I was just wondering if there was any natural remedy that might help her pass a 'number 2' before matters get out of hand.. My main concern is faecal compaction.

Edit: I'm going to try her on some chicken and pumpkin from PAH

Edit: Just about to go out the door and she's plopped one in the litter tray A nice healthy one too, PHEW!!! Sorry all, false alarm, mighty embarrassing...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
22-10-2011, 10:54 AM   #2

Re: Mitzi constipated

So glad to hear Mitzi's "been"! They do worry us, don't they, especially when they have other health problems. Well done Mitzi!

My dear old Merlin used to like liquid paraffin and would lick it off my fingers - though probably not a "natural" product at all, it used to work for him. I have heard pumpkin is good.