Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
09-10-2011, 10:32 PM   #1

Amber to the Vets tomorrow

I know my aloof little tabby will hate her trip to the Vets tomorrow It is that time for her booster.

I also have to book little Mindy in for her spay & microchip at the end of the month and I dread that, she's such a little girl, but better for her. I just wish these vets wouldn't insist the stitches were kept in for 14 days!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
10-10-2011, 01:48 AM   #2

Re: Amber to the Vets tomorrow

Velvet, don't vets ever use the dissolving stitches? That's what my Misty had ... but that was along time ago ......

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
10-10-2011, 09:06 AM   #3

Good luck with Amber today. I hope that she is a good girl. My Kizzy hates going in the car I think more than actually being at the vet, where she is generally a very good girl. Bless Amber, hope all goes well for her.

Catsey Veteran

10-10-2011, 10:32 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
Velvet, don't vets ever use the dissolving stitches? That's what my Misty had ... but that was along time ago ......
When i had Amber done was told hers were dissolving, which they most definitely were not. She removed them herself day 9 much to my absolute horror - turned my back to answer the phone & she had her hood off & stitches out. Vet said she had did a very good job

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
10-10-2011, 11:14 AM   #5

Hope Amber goes on ok at the vets today

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
10-10-2011, 03:37 PM   #6

Also hoping all goes/went well with Ambers vet visit.

As for stitches - Cloud didn't have to have any taken out... *shrugs*

Catsey Veteran

10-10-2011, 03:52 PM   #7

I had to take Leia's out myself ......

Hope all goes well today.

Catsey Veteran

11-10-2011, 01:25 AM   #8

This is our wee poppet sleeping off her injection, shes been looking for affection a bit more after her visit to the vets but appears ok - thankfully

Vet gave her a worming pill which she spat out Second go he succeeded.... Then when she got her jab it must have hurt as she hissed at him She got lifted immediately for a cuddle and kiss - she melted against me - not like our wee aloof tabby at all.

I thought Tim and Mindy might be a bit strange as sometimes they can be when one has been away - but they just looked at Amber as she got out of the box and walked across the room and then as if on cue, Tim and Mindy were both in the cat box together side by side examining it

She was pronounced as very fit and healthy and in excellent condition - wee photo of her below sleeping off her jab

..and yes the baby is booked in for her op at the end of the month - I shall be a nervous wreck that day

Catsey Veteran

11-10-2011, 01:32 AM   #9

Oh bless, poor Amber! Glad it's over and she's relaxing at home; they do so hate vet visits! And glad the others didn't react to the vet smell!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
11-10-2011, 08:24 AM   #10

Awww. Poor wee Amber. Mind, Cloud does OK with normal jab's - it's the flee one she cannot stand! I have to help hold her down poor love. That'll be coming up soon here too - November little one is due.