Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Fondly Remembered

Cats owned: Black/Tortie/Tabby/B&W
Phil is Male
11-11-2011, 07:00 PM   #21

Re: Weak 'Swingy' back end.

Spoke to the vet about half an hour ago. I wrote down all the details but the upshot is that it's bad news I'm afraid.

We'd already discussed what we'd do if the news was bad and based on his age we'v decided (with advice from the vet) to let him go.

Unfortunately that meant pretty much getting on with things as I didn't want to delay things till Monday.

I've given him a big cuddle (still purring), a can of meat, said goodbye and Karen has just left to take him along to the vet.

I'm away out into the garden to dig a plot beside Bramble and Chippy for him coming home.

God it never gets any easier.

Miss him so much already

Px

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
11-11-2011, 07:19 PM   #22

I'm so sorry to hear about Murphy, Phil, he's had a good life with you and you were right not to let him suffer further.

RIP lovely Murphy....... Bramble and Chippy will look after you now.......x

Fondly Remembered

Phil is Male
11-11-2011, 07:42 PM   #23

Thanks Mags

With Chippy and Bramble they were very ill and the decision was so easy to make in fact there was no decision to be made.

What I've not got to grips with yet is that Murphy just seemed so OK in himself so it's harder to convince myself that I've done the right thing.

I guess I'll just have to keep reminding myself that he had some horrible times ahead that he now won't have to go through.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
11-11-2011, 08:01 PM   #24

I'm so sorry, Phil, never easy. Bramble, Chippy and now Murph ........ (((hugs)))RIP, dear Murphy, run free.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
11-11-2011, 08:08 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil
Thanks Mags

With Chippy and Bramble they were very ill and the decision was so easy to make in fact there was no decision to be made.

What I've not got to grips with yet is that Murphy just seemed so OK in himself so it's harder to convince myself that I've done the right thing.

I guess I'll just have to keep reminding myself that he had some horrible times ahead that he now won't have to go through.
It's so difficult Phil, cats can be very good at hiding illnesses so don't beat yourself up about it.

Fondly Remembered

Phil is Male
11-11-2011, 08:21 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
I'm so sorry, Phil, never easy. Bramble, Chippy and now Murph ........ (((hugs)))RIP, dear Murphy, run free.
Thanks Eileen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mags
It's so difficult Phil, cats can be very good at hiding illnesses so don't beat yourself up about it.
They are aren't they - that was also in our thinking.

Anyway - he's with his buddies now at the end of the Garden.

Paddy is 'boss' cat now although young Casper will have something to say about that I'm sure