Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
11-10-2011, 11:15 AM   #21

Re: cat ill from cat show :(

So glad to hear that the situation is improving. I do hope that your cat that has it worst will soon feel the benefit of the herbal product (what are you using btw?) and will shake it off.

I wonder if this is something that people who do show their cats should bring up with the Cat Fancy and show organisers? There ought to be a warning clear to all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1
12-10-2011, 02:12 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainecat
thanks for the replies, they are doing alot better, vet is very pleased with them, although the cat who went to the show is still ill with it, had it for many weeks now just cant seem to shake it off.

Of course in hindsight it seems silly going to show with kittens at home, incase a idiot takes a ill cat to one, but I can honesty say I dont know of a breeder who hasnt gone to a show as they have kittens at home, some of them had more than one litter, some are very big breeders and alot go round the country and are at every single show.

a friend recomended a herbal product that we have been using which has helped the kittens to, so its less stressful here now, but still a bit stressful, if you see what I mean!
Then I feel very sorry for their Cats, that a show means more to them than the welfare of the kittens they choose to breed and rear. Its very sad indeed.

Cats owned: mainecoons birman
02-11-2011, 11:09 PM   #23

Thought id do a update, the kittens are all back to normal, one still is sniffling, they have had their 1st injections as the vet was happy today, all good weights to, which I was pleased about as 2 couldnt smell anything so we gave them tuna and sardines in tomato sauce very stinky so they could smell it, although we did put a bit of wet meat in their mouth and after they tasted it they ate it! New owners all happy to now its over with! Decided not to keep the little boy and his going with his brother which is really nice.

the herbal item i bought was called FVC protect, I think it was called that, as its all gone now, was for stuffy noses/help with breathing. thanks for listening to me moan about it, was such a stressful time.