Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Birman.
16-09-2011, 08:07 PM   #11

Re: Dental work + other op = safe?

Thanks pinklizzy so much, very informative, and yes, I'll check that they polish as well, A very important point clarified there!

Chesi's always been a warm cat with good circulation, that and the reassuarance that the nurse has basically said he will be treated as you have described puts me at ease a lot more about booking him in.

One thing I have noticed about the 2 times he has been to this vet which is markedly different is the way he reacts when he gets home is that he usually bolts out of the basket and heads straight for the cat flap but with this vet he has seemed quite relaxed and has been happy to stay in and chill out on the rug and wait for a comb and cuddle! Perhaps it's the Feliway or maybe he just gets good vibes, who knows!

Catsey Senior

19-09-2011, 11:22 AM   #12

Good news! Chesi's ear pocket has reduced in size over the weekend His mum has been letting him enjoy 'the great outdoors' again all week so don't know if that has anything to do with it? Not so good news for the vet as I had him booked in for this week, I'm hoping we can reschedule in the Grade 1 scrape and polish once I know exactly how far his ear will continue to go down ..fingers crossed.

A question: I've seen Dentagen mentioned on this site and I'd like to use it on my 2 as a preventative measure in future. Would it be safe to put in the drinking water of an elderly hyperthyroid cat (they share the water bowls). And where best to get it? Thanks

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
19-09-2011, 03:05 PM   #13

I'd be interested in that also, if it's OK for a hyperthyroid cat.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
19-09-2011, 04:35 PM   #14

Well, that is good news about Chesi's ear .... sometimes things take longer than we might think (or the vet might think) reasonable.

Yes, I would also like to know if there are any contra-indications to using Dentagen. I could try that out for Pip.

Catsey Senior

28-10-2011, 09:01 PM   #15

Update:
Chesi's ear has gone down completely now, and the scar tissue has hardened and knitted together, he's not shaking his head anymore; all it needed was patience, time, ..and prayers. I kind of feel bad for for being so impatient with the vet *embarrassed*, but all that matters is that it's not bothering him and it won't reoccur again.
Thank you so much to everyone for your help and support.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
28-10-2011, 11:00 PM   #16

So very glad Chesi's ear is better - that's one worry less for you. I have always been very grateful for support given by this forum - it does help to know that there are people to send healing vibes and to chat to and get things straight in one's own mind about how things are progressing.