Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
02-11-2007, 07:12 PM   #21

Re: Sloppy Stinky Poo

I dont know about hot ears. Mine have never felt particularly hot - but do know they can eat things outside that can upset their tummies..

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 19 Persians, 2 Oriental SHs
02-11-2007, 07:50 PM   #22

Hot ears is usually a good indication of a temperature so I would take him back to the vets jsut in case.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: semi longhaired
03-11-2007, 11:02 PM   #23

They havent been hot again since then.. in fact today even with him indoors they feel cold. He seems to be lively and no more horrid poos on just the wet diet so think we'll be sticking to that for a while longer yet then i might try again with the dry food Guessing it must have been down to that. He took a worming tablet yesterday so thats covered now.
The other problem monitoring his poos is he appears to be going out side cos he is doing very few in his tray recently so hard to tell if they are generally ok or not.. only thing i can say is he hasnt had any on his fur other than the other day when i posted

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: semi longhaired
09-11-2007, 07:44 PM   #24

Well Oscar has been doing ok..we've had the odd poo in his tray and it has been formed and not smelly. Gave him only Natures Menu sachets for a while and have slowly been introducing Hill's dry kitten food along side it.. he loves it but have only been giving him a small amount of them so far. This morning he did another wet poo, not as sickly smelling as the last ones but still was quite wet and left a trail on his fur near his bottom.
Am guessing he just isnt going to tolerate dry food for some reason.
Should i just leave it out? or are there some for kittens specifically that have stomach problems. Should i get him checked out at the vets again? His ears have been normal and cold when he's been outside since so dont know what that was about

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
09-11-2007, 09:38 PM   #25

I think there are dried food for sensitive stomachs. I am sure someone can advise. But cats can live quite happily on a wet only diet

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 2 BEAUTIFULL CATS!! BEAU AND JOY
JMPARK is Male
30-09-2011, 02:56 PM   #26

Our Two 10 Week Old Kittens Have The Same Problem And The Vet Has Told Us To Keep Them On Boiled White Fish And Boiled Chicken For A Few Days! One Of Them Has Now Returned To Being "solid" But Still A Bit Of A Problem With The Other, Although She Seems To Be Gettin A Bit Better! They Actually Love This Food And Cannt Get Enough Of It!!

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 2 BEAUTIFULL CATS!! BEAU AND JOY
JMPARK is Male
12-10-2011, 12:08 PM   #27

Both my cats had bad stomachs and the vet told us to feed them both on boiled chicken and/or boiled fish (white plain, like cod) for a week and then gradually mix it with some "id" hard feed. this worked perfectly and both are going to the toilet properly now!
we are just in the process of getting them back onto the "wet" feed again, by slowly mixing the "id" hard feed with more and more of the "hi life" wet pouches. this seems to be ok and "fingers crossed" they are still ok toilet wise!!
hope this helps you and your kitten gets better.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
12-10-2011, 02:19 PM   #28

Please note this thread was started four years ago .....

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Birman.
12-10-2011, 05:36 PM   #29

Purina Pro Plan Sensitive is great for cats who have sensitive digestion. My 2 have been on it for years. I don't know a cat who hasn't done well on this yet! If you like I can send you some to try no worries, no cost, if it helps that'll be good! just PM me. It's also renal support which is always a plus.

I hope your kitty gets well soon.