Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
26-07-2009, 10:29 PM   #11

Re: What breed is my cat?

As he's only quite young, I would suggest that three or four smaller meals throughout the day (if you are around) would be better. Leaving the biscuits down is fine, as he can take as he wants. Fresh water too of course!

I am afraid that I will always miss my Merlin - he was my first cat and he was with me for over 23 years. In fact, it would have been his 24th birthday yesterday.

More pictures of you Merlin would be lovely - he is a great looking little chap ..............

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
26-07-2009, 10:56 PM   #12

It's been a long time since I've had a kitten, but as I remember it, little and often is ideal, as Angie said, three to four wet meals. It's good that you're sticking with what he's used to; if you want to change his food do it gradually, just a wee bit of the new food mixed with the old till it's been changed. If he's not a big water drinker you can add a little water to the wet food to make more liquid gravy.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: N/A
27-07-2009, 11:03 AM   #13

Awww what a little darling.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
27-07-2009, 11:34 AM   #14

Welcome to you and the delightful Merlin! I'm sure you'll both get into your stride really soon . . . it's amazing how quickly you'll be able to pick up his likes and dislikes - even though you're not very familiar with cats.

As for the poo - it could simply be that he's a little unsettled. My 12 year old cat came back from a vet trip on Saturday and promptly got the runs (again ) - if little Merlin's prone to being a bit of a stress bunny it might just be the way his body reacts to change.

I would keep to the same diet he's used to for a bit and see if he settles.