Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
28-11-2008, 02:30 PM   #21

Re: Bees

I use runny honey in lots of things, including bolognaise sauces, salad dressings and to glaze veggies.

I tend not to use it on toast as it ends up running all over my hands (I have rye-bread toast which doesn't absorb to the same extent), so prefer the set clover honey for toast or sarnies.

That's interesting about the loaning of hives and bees. I really will read up on it some more when I don't have a small boy trying to throw himself down stairs or stuff cats up chimneys (yes, really )

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
28-11-2008, 05:25 PM   #22

Re: Bees

Kazz, we have that bit here also about "telling the bees". Presume it was brought over by the English settlers in the Colonial days. I'm quite allergic to bee stings (not really bad like anaphylactic shock) and had to go to the ER last time I was stung many years ago! So I tend to avoid them, although sadly there are fewer around now due to the vanishing ...