Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Tabby and Moggie
01-01-2008, 10:27 PM   #11

Re: Homecheck guidelines - what to expect?

Very close Smudgley! I'm in Exeter. We'd love a kitten or a cat under a year old. We don't mind gender, just want a scrummy temperment and i have to be honest, i'm slightly astetically selfish. But only slightly! I figure i've been rescueing and owning rats for a decade that i haven't picked myself, so i'd love to have a kitten that i actually 'want' if you know what i mean! Ah that sounds so shallow.

Do you know someone?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
01-01-2008, 10:45 PM   #12

Well I have some rescue cats here & some coming in to me this week who have always lived in a flat, so are used to being indoor cats. But they are 4 years & 2 years old.

However the only one that is as young as a year is this one....

She's 12 months old. Healthy, friendly, microchipped, wormed with panacur & treated for fleas with frontline.

I'm going to Axminster this week. If you are interested in her let me know.

*SORRY ABOUT THE POOR QUALITY PHOTOS*

Catsey Junior

01-01-2008, 11:00 PM   #13

Smudgley she is amazing! The biggest thing for us is that she'd be okay with Shelby, and is uber friendly and cuddley and and playful, or has the potential to be!

Is she spayed? If not no worries we can do that

Whats her background? She is gooorgeous!

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
01-01-2008, 11:04 PM   #14

What an absolute sweetie ....... fingers crossed for this little girl!

Catsey Junior

01-01-2008, 11:14 PM   #15

Am getting really ridiculously excited now!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
01-01-2008, 11:15 PM   #16

What a pretty little girl she is, and those green eyes!

Catsey Junior

01-01-2008, 11:17 PM   #17

Mineminemine. No one else touch her

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
01-01-2008, 11:24 PM   #18

Her background is this.... she tricked her way into rescue.

A lady has been feeding a colony of feral cats at a large supermarket carpark. Some are pregnant, some with kittens at foot. There's loads of them, she went one day & Molly came to her & was really hungry when she put the food down. Then the lady noticed a fat belly & thought she was pregnant. She didn't seem too timid, so she tried to grab her, she got her & ran to her car & popped her in the basket. She called me straight away & said she'd caught a pregnant one & that she can't be from the feral colony as she's too friendly & wouldn't stop purring. I told her that we don't have space for an adult cat unless she really is pregnant...... She came in, she didn't even look at all pregnant! I am fortunate enough to have an ultrasound scanner as I have to diagnose pregnancy in dogs as part of my job. I scanned her anyway, just for the hell of it, but she didn't look pregnant and the scan showed there was no pregnancy.
She went to the vets the next day for a health check & a FIV / FeLV test (negative) and the vets gave her a clean bill of health, they thought she could be spayed but with cats there is no way of knowing for sure without doing an operation. It was so close to Christmas we have just left it over the Christmas & New Year period. She's not been calling at all. So thta's her story so far. She's as good as gold, friendly as they come. clean as a whistle. Eats, drinks & entertains herself with her toys, she's no trouble.
She hasn't been put on our website yet as we haven't been homing over Christmas. I'm off to Axminster later on in the week, I'm even taking another cat with me as the people I'm visiting are having the pure white long haired one that's coming in this week from the flat!
She seems to be ok with other cats, although we don't mix them so I can't say for sure, but she was hooked up with a gang of cats & seemed ok. Introducing an adult cat is never easy & they wouldn't be best buddies straight away.

PS - Just a thought! - I'm off to Axminster again in about 4 weks time, so if you did decide you wanted to see how she settled in, you could see how it went for 4 weeks?

Catsey Junior

01-01-2008, 11:26 PM   #19

Pretty pretty please come via Exeter

We would so so love her!! Shes perfect!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
01-01-2008, 11:46 PM   #20

I do home checks for the CPL, and a cat flap has never been a concern..