Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Closed Thread

Cats owned: british shorthairs
NIGEL is Male
24-11-2007, 01:08 PM   #1

Urgent Help Needed

I Am Moving Abroad In 1 Week And I Have Been Let Down So I Now Have 4 Beautiful Loving House Trained Cats That Need A New Home Urgently.
They Are Hugo 3y, Cocoa 2y, Fudge 6 Mon And Felix 6 Mon . If You Can Help Please Ring Us (nigel/sue) On /prank call/

Thank You .

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
24-11-2007, 01:25 PM   #2

Re: Urgent Help Needed

Nigel I am sorry you have been let down. To be honest I'm wondering why you have two kittens of 6 months. I know it takes a lot of preparation and thought to move abroad. It just seems a bit strange to me.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Ragdoll, 2 Siamese & a Balinese
24-11-2007, 02:27 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jac
Nigel I am sorry you have been let down. To be honest I'm wondering why you have two kittens of 6 months. I know it takes a lot of preparation and thought to move abroad. It just seems a bit strange to me.
I was wondering the same thing Jac. I know that when I moved from Australia to the UK it took a lot of preparation and time. Plus I brought my cat with me.

I hope your cats find loving homes though.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
24-11-2007, 06:03 PM   #4

Nigel, Sorry to sound harsh, but I don't think you will find anyone to take on 4 indoor L/H cats within a week. I appreciate you've been let down, but even so, seems a bit last minute to me. Our current waiting list is 12 weeks plus for taking in strays/ cats needing rehoming, so you'll be lucky to find someone who'll take them within days.

Are they neutered?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
24-11-2007, 06:09 PM   #5

I am very sorry that you and your cats have been so badly let down last minute.
It may be an idea to get this on as many forums as possible as well as contacting as many shelters etc as you can.
Its gonna be be a hard task but fingers crossed you can get something sorted.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1
24-11-2007, 06:20 PM   #6

Maybe the kittens were "home bred"

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
24-11-2007, 09:27 PM   #7

I think that's a little harsh! And sometimes relocations can take place at quite short notice - happened to my ex!

Anyway, Nigel, I do hope you have luck finding homes for your 4 cats. Have you tried all your local rescue centres also? Do the cats have to be rehomed together? This is very sad, but you may have to be as flexible as possible where new homes are concerned and they may have to go to separate homes.

Can family help out? Can you/your partner remain in the UK for a few weeks longer to see the cats to new homes?

Whatever happens, please don't just dump them and run, please!

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: torty
John is Male
24-11-2007, 11:25 PM   #8

Hi Nigel...If you can not find a home for them..please dont leave them to run the streets and find there own food..some one done that near me and when I found one it was skin and bone..can I suggest... Bath Cats and Dogs Home..as they never put a healthy animal down..

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Owned BY Bubbles & Fizz (fem dsh)
25-11-2007, 12:57 AM   #9

I have to add my pleas here - do everything you can to find them new homes or a shelter than can take them, PLEASE don't just leave them or abandon them, they won't understand. I wish I could help I really do

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Cross-breed (Maine Coon)
25-11-2007, 01:40 AM   #10

I've been watching this thread, waiting to see what happens . Now I know you're in Bath, try Cats Protection - Bath Branch.

There are CP branches all over Somerset so you should be able to find somewhere safe for them to go

Closed Thread