Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
08-11-2007, 11:58 PM   #21

Re: Foster cat update

Some people give very generously. I had £150 a few weeks ago (for a little evil black kitten) & I've had £100 on many occasions, so it's not everyone..... but the ones that say "I've forgot my purse" make me angry................One lady came once for 2 beautiful brothers, silver tabby, I mean real silver tabby..... she said "do you take credit cards as I don't have any cash?" ..................My husband piped up & said "if you go to the end of our road & turn left, cross over by the bus stop, there's a cashpoint just by the shops if you need to go & get some cash"..............She decided she'd send a cheque in the post instead, funnily enough I'm still waiting for it, 2 years on.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
09-11-2007, 12:01 AM   #22

I would have thought a minimun donation is the answer then Smudgley. Press on woman press on.

Catsey Veteran

09-11-2007, 12:08 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz
I would have thought a minimun donation is the answer then Smudgley. Press on woman press on.
I will Kazz. Even if we say £15 or £20 at least that will help.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
09-11-2007, 12:13 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgley
I would have thought if people could afford to keep a cat/kitten they could certainly afford to donate £30 for it considering it has all the checks, microchipping etc already done!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Owned BY Bubbles & Fizz (fem dsh)
09-11-2007, 07:40 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgley
I think that is more than reasonable Smudgely - I am shocked at that woman who didn't send anything

All the kittens for sale signs I've seen up in pet shops etc have been for £25-£45 and you don't even know what you are taking on health-wise.

I think £20 for getting a cat or kitten that has already been checked out / vaccinated / spayed or Neutered is actually very cheap! I honestly don't think people take that into account when they feel adopted cats should be free

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: feral moggy
09-11-2007, 09:25 AM   #26

God I would really snap up a kitten or cat who had all the vaccinations, checks etc for £20... I paid £20 for Denis from a rescue and he hadn't been vacc'ed or neutered.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Moggy
09-11-2007, 09:47 AM   #27

I think most rescues in this area have a mimimum donation of about £40-50.
We are still waiting for a date for our home check for the kittens we would like to adopt, I do wish they would let us know when the check will be as we said we would like the kittens a week ago. I have noticed they have produced a new poster of cats needing homes and "our" kittens are on it
I'm sure I could easily get a couple of kittens through the local freeads paper, but would prefer not to support indiscriminate breeding.

Catsey Veteran

09-11-2007, 09:51 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mags
I would have thought if people could afford to keep a cat/kitten they could certainly afford to donate £30 for it considering it has all the checks, microchipping etc already done!
It's not a question of affording it, that's what makes it even worse, it's the ones that CAN afford it, that don't give anything.

Catsey Veteran

09-11-2007, 09:53 AM   #29

Grete (quote) ~I think that is more than reasonable Smudgely - I am shocked at that woman who didn't send anything She's not the only one, there are plenty that have done the same.

All the kittens for sale signs I've seen up in pet shops etc have been for £25-£45 and you don't even know what you are taking on health-wise. agree totally

I think £20 for getting a cat or kitten that has already been checked out / vaccinated / spayed or Neutered is actually very cheap! I honestly don't think people take that into account when they feel adopted cats should be free I know, I actually think £50 would be a nice amount to ask, but then some people wouldn't want to pay that - so I guess £20 is a start as a minimum.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 3 moggies
09-11-2007, 04:07 PM   #30

Good grief! I've just read this thread through and I'm speechless! We recently paid £75 to adopt Purdie from the RSPCA and I thought that was more than reasonable considering it includes first vaccs, neutering and chipping etc. Incidentally, our local independent animal welfare charity charges a similar amount and I'm not even sure that includes neutering if you take on a young kitten....

Honestly, you can't believe the cheek of some people not paying anything!

As to home checks etc., you may remember me saying that I was turned down by the same local charity because I wouldn't guarantee to lock the cat flap at night - something the RSPCA didn't even ask! Young Purds spends all night on our bed anyway....