Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
05-01-2006, 11:30 AM   #11

Re: A little help please

I am surprised a little dog would cause a problem. Thought they were all sweet little lap dogs!! Thought it was the big dogs that most you you have that were the Tysons of the dog world!!

Learning more again!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
05-01-2006, 12:38 PM   #12

Just a further thought Kazz - whether it will help or not I don't know, but you can think about it and try it if you like.
I don't think it's true that you can't teach on old dog new tricks, so how about trying 'training discs'. Have you come across them? You start by 'conditioning' the dog to 'disc noise= bad consequences' using (and taking away) food/treats. Takes no time. Then you use the noise to 'condition away' unwanted behaviours.
I 've probably not explained that very well, so try a google or just buy the things, they're only a fiver or so (must cost tuppence to manufacture! ) and come with instuctions. Might be worth a try and works on the same principle as the whistle and clickers........ disembodied sounds rather than human voice.
Good luck, again.

Edited to add 'Here's a link'
http://www.canineconcepts.co.uk/ccp5...ng-discs.shtml

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 Moggies
05-01-2006, 02:16 PM   #13

Oh dear Kazz, I wouldn;t want to be in your shoe's right now

Most people won't take on a dog that has bitten but if you don't say to 'potential' owners about his problem than it can all too easily backfire. It's a good job you're girls are pretty well laid back. I just dont know what to suggest Kazz, just keep on doing what you're doing now and hope that in time he'll come to 'tolerate' other's

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
05-01-2006, 05:25 PM   #14

Yeah thanks all.

Yes Naomi it is a good job that the girls are laid back - otherwise I'd have a "taught a lesson Yorkie"
I felt for Tess actually when he had a go at her she looked at me as if to say "Hmmm we arent allowed to behave like that"

I will pesevere - and try how we get on with me warning him about misbehavin. Thing is its the time that gets me them being an hour or hour and half away from me and trying to juggle my Uncle and his cleaning, his doctors appoinments, Hosp appointments,paying his bills, openinghis mail, his washing, changing curtains, taking him shopping (a 1/2 job that when he comes to takes between 2 - 3 hours and juggle a wheelchair ) getting his toe nails cut, barbers, his garden theI am afraid Brandy comes way down the list as long I manage to get him a walk and groomed and food. Add that to working full time, my Mom and Dad (getting no younger and various hosptial appoitments and their shopping) juggling my own life I will try though.