Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
04-01-2006, 02:46 PM   #1

Memory Lane

I've just spent an hour or so looking at a load of old 35mm slides from 20-odd years ago. Aaaaawwwwww

Anybody ever used a slide-to-CD service? I'd really like to get the pics on the PC

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
04-01-2006, 02:48 PM   #2

Re: Memory Lane

I don't DM, but am thinking of it. My Mum has hundreds of slides that my Dad took between 1950 and 1980 and I'd like to get many of them converted.

We used to do the whole 'sit down while the projector is wheeled out and the screen is erected and watch hours n hours n hours of slides'. Thing is - I LOVED it!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
04-01-2006, 02:50 PM   #3

Sorry DM can't help you with that one Let us know how you get on and if you manage to get the pics onto your pc

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
04-01-2006, 02:55 PM   #4

The local photo-shop does them for 85p per slide (min charge £50)
I've found an on-line advertiser who charges £35 per 100 slides..........but I'm reluctant to post them off (local shop uses a courier) - probably just being stupid there, could register or record them (although it won't bring them back if they get lost, just make me feel more confident)
Do you think I should just do it............the slides aren't improving over time, and it would be nice to have the pics on PC/mend the red-eye etc etc.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
04-01-2006, 02:56 PM   #5

Can't help you either DM, sorry but I would definately try to get them on a CD as there must be a lot of good memories there......