Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: 2 moggies = DLH and DMH
17-05-2010, 02:43 PM   #11

Re: Vitamins anyone take them?

As for scar healing...bio oil is good... for scarring as is the liquid vit e capsules... prick them with a pin and rub the contents into the scar...
the other thing that is good for scarring is laser...
having red hair and pale skin... i suffer from keloid scaring which means that the scar/suture line is raised/red and lumpy... a lot of physiotherapists here have lasers and a few sessions with the laser can work absolute wonders in making the scars almost disappear...
6 months after my double mastectomy i was still in a lot of pain from the keloid scarring and my physio had a new laser... and offered to treat me for free if he could sue me as a test case ... so to speak.... he did one suture line... 6 sessions... over a 6 week period and photographed it after each session...and at the end of the 6 sessions... the scar wasn't able to be felt... and then he did the other side for me... they continued to heal well... and no lumpiness returned and after 12 months you could hardly see them at all....

multi vitamins are good... i take them... (i use Swisse) and i take glucosamine with condroitin and also fish oil capsule... which aid the absorption of the glucosamine...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
17-05-2010, 04:15 PM   #12

Re: Vitamins anyone take them?

I wasn't aware that the fish oil aided the glucosamine absorption, Jo, good to know!