Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
02-05-2013, 03:51 PM   #11

Re: Finally! Pics of my new kitty!

beautiful boy

Cats owned: Deaf Domestic Shorthair
03-05-2013, 01:09 AM   #12

Re: Finally! Pics of my new kitty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamela81
he is a little cracker!! beautiful!!!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoshPuss
Both of them are so adorable!!! I love the first piccie of the little pink tongue- sweet. Munch, I love the name, seems to have Oliver wrapped around his little finger
Well they certainly enjoy eachother

Quote:
Originally Posted by yola
What a completely stunning cat!

I'm curious, about Munch being deaf . . . do you have to be extra careful not to creep up on him and make him jump or are they able to sense vibrations and not be too startled?
Nope, I don't treat my deaf animals any different than a hearing pet. Munch (and my 2 deaf dogs) know that they won't be hurt when they're surprised, and infact often get food when Mom sneaks up on them unexpectedly! LOL but they're extremely observant and tend to pay close attention to where I am ('cuz maybe we might get food!) and are rarely startled. The only concessions I make to their deafness are: 1- I use a keychain LED ight instead of a clicker, 2- the cat does not go outside and the dogs are never off leash in an unenclosed area, and 3- I use handsignals instead of voice commands.

I teach alot of tricks to my dogs, and Munch is learning tricks too! He's extremely food motivated, and is very quick to pick up on what'll get him a "click" and food! LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
What a gorgeous poppet, lovely eyes. It must be quite a challenge looking after a deaf cat ...... would like to hear more about your experiences.
See above

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexgirl73
beautiful boy
Thanks!