Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh
25-07-2010, 10:35 PM   #1

Busy day of vet visits again.

I have a selection of cats in tomorrow, but in most cases for positive things.

Mr Tomsk is in for his 2nd vaccine. He is VERY slowly coming out of his room and eating left over food, but isn't keen to interact with the others. It will happen in time, I'm sure.

Jimmy is in to start his vaccines, we feel his thyroid levels are stable and he is over the nasty bug he had so now is the time to do it.

Pudding is in for a re-examine but I'm sure she will get the all clear.

Only Tabatha is an unknown, as she has to get her kindney function checked. I hope it will be find as she was in the early stages a couple of months ago and seems well, in fact now her thyroid levels are OK, she is portly.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
25-07-2010, 10:49 PM   #2

Re: Busy day of vet visits again.

Do you take a minibus to the vet farthing??? Glad it's mostly positive stuff this time. What good news - you think Pudding has recovered from her snotties??? Now I suppose it's just encouraging her to eat little and often?

Fingers crossed all is well with Tabatha.

Catsey Veteran

25-07-2010, 10:52 PM   #3

Thye don't all go at one time- Tabatha and Pudding are in at 1pm and Mr Tomsk and Jimmy are in at 4pm. We have a landrover, so the car isn't the problem, it the lack of cat carriers and arms.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
26-07-2010, 12:33 PM   #4

Hope you go on alright at the vets

Catsey Veteran

26-07-2010, 06:32 PM   #5

Things never work out the way you plan, do they.

Pudding is fine, another week of tablets just to make sure we have nobbled the bug.

Turns out Tabatha is in tomorrow.

Mr Tomk was fine, but Jimmy started snotting and sneezing again today, so vaccinations cancelled and antibiotics instead. Its probably quite good its happened now, so he and Pudding can be cleared of it at the same time, rather than have it passing from on to the other repeatedly.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
26-07-2010, 08:04 PM   #6

Oh dear, poor Jimmy. Hope he clears up fast, glad Pudding is doing OK.

Catsey Veteran

27-07-2010, 10:41 PM   #7

Jimmy is looking much better today.
Tabatha is the heaviest she has ever been, bloods were taken to check her thyroid- she may be hypo- and general bloods. I haven't heard from the vet but if there was anything of real concern he would have called me.

Catsey Veteran

28-07-2010, 09:47 PM   #8

Tabatha's thyroid results came back today and she is now hypothyroid. We are left in a difficult situation, where she is hyper on 25mgs but hypo at 30mgs. I spoke to another vet, because the one who tested her is on holiday, she is surprised there is such a difference between the 2 amounts but I know myself she was hyper before. The vet is worried she may go too low and certainly Tabby is much quieter and less hungry- but is that how she should be, she's been hyper for so long it feels like she's not right being like this. We are going to try her on 25 again and test in 2 weeks. Don't really know the options if she does go hyper- perhaps 25 one day, 30 the next. She is not a candidate for an op, her thyroid gland on the left is huge and they think it would be very difficult to removed, added to which she is FIV so a has a high risk of picking up an infection post-op.
I'm sure I've heard of cats having the whole thyroid removed and copeing without one, and that cats don't go hypo, so I'm a bit confused- although I think a high dose of the tablets can lead to anaemia. I need to get a chance to talk to her again when less rushed. I'm just so disappointed because she was finally looking good and not starving all the time- the only thing is that she's not grooming herself as well.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
28-07-2010, 09:50 PM   #9

Oh dear what a difficult situation. Hope things get sorted for Tabatha

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
28-07-2010, 10:17 PM   #10

Poor Tabatha - would the dose be in pill form? I don't suppose there is any way of splitting the pill/s so she could be tried on a half-way between the two doses? Would be hit and miss I suppose.