Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
01-08-2010, 10:22 AM   #1

Soggy Sunday

Morning Catsey people,
got up nice and early to go hunting at the carboot only to have it rain as i left the house. I decided not to go as i can't stand it if there's not many stalls to look at. Was going to take Malaika for a walk around too, she was content for me to remove her lead and went back to bed, she's still there
Looking to book a last minuit hol , looking at maybe Scotland or Whitby, self catering, Dogs welcome. Found a few cottages etc available but my mind is boggling. Will have another look online today, where ever we go it has to be near water (for me)
Have a nice day everyone, back later.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
01-08-2010, 10:59 AM   #2

Re: Soggy Sunday

Morning.
Not raining here but thinking about it. Not got plans for the day although its days like this I wish I had a porch and a porch swing to sit out on................ if I ever buy a house it will have a porch like the Waltons. No ideas why.

Anyhow hope you are all good and enjoy the day.

Holiday in Whiby I have considered going there often, never been though good luck in the search.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
01-08-2010, 11:11 AM   #3

Kazz, a porch swing sounds wonderful. We have a garden swing, a settee type if you know what i mean and i love to lie and read on it.
Whitby is great if you like old fashioned seaside towns. There is an older part with old buildings, quaint shops and the walk up to the abbey and a more modern part with amusement arcades.
Just have to watch out for Vampires though

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
01-08-2010, 12:31 PM   #4

Shelley I can recommend Whitby - had a great exciting holiday there in the past. We had rented a bungalow on top of the north cliffs and a boat full of drugs was sunk - the coast was crawling with dishy Excise officers, who were all nice to chat to! Can recommend the fish and chips in the town - little restaurant along the harbour you can sit in and eat it really fresh with a good pot of tea and bread and butter! Didn't see any vampires, but the old ruined abbey IS spooky!

Gloomy day here. Been to Waitrose and came home with a roast chicken for supper amongst other things. Just having a Catsey now with a nice mug of coffee. Was tempted to a pastry, but resisted!

Have a good day all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
01-08-2010, 04:35 PM   #5

Hi! It's supposed to be cloudy with a good change of showers, but the sun is shining now and it's quite pleasant, although a bit cooler than it should be: only 22 C (82 F). Cool start to August... can you believe it's August already? Slept in as it was supposed to be raining so I did today's shopping yesterday.

My grandma had a porch with a swing, Kazz, spent many happy childhood days there reading and swinging. Mine's screened, but does have a glider. Shelley, hope you find a nice holiday spot, Whitby does sound interesting. Roast chicken sounds yummy, Angie; swordfish here tonight.

Hope it's a good day for all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
01-08-2010, 04:59 PM   #6

Roast chicken here too. The smell wafting through the house as it cooks is mouth watering. So roast dinner here.

My sister has damaged/torn her achilles tendon and is limping badly - well she is limping well but a lot if that makes sense.

Anyhow nothing much doing here.

Eileen the swordfish sounds lovely - you eat a ot of fish don't you? I suppose it is easier to buy cook fish for one than a joint of meat and better for you too.

I also say get the fish and chips at Whitby - mind you I say get fish and chips everytime I go near the sea .

Sitting on a porch swing as I read a book would be heaven. No idea why I am so taken with them.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
01-08-2010, 05:27 PM   #7

I'll join you on that porch swing Kazz, with a good book, and afterwards a fish supper from Whitby and a pot of tea... heaven
Chicken for me today too courtesy of my dad who cooks a mean roast, followed by rhubarb tart and custard, homegrown rhubarb, Lush!

Nice weather here today, warm and dry, some blue sky too.
Have lots to do this week, the last of the budgies have gone and its time to clear out the aviary, so resting up for today. Looking forward to episode 2 of Sherlock tonight

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
01-08-2010, 05:38 PM   #8

Roobarb and Custard! Now who remembers the Bob Godfrey cartoon????

(I love rhubarb and custard!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxDRUNtud4I

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
01-08-2010, 06:04 PM   #9

Evening all. Not been up to much - housework and cooking.

Have a good evening everybody

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
01-08-2010, 07:59 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz
Roast chicken here too. The smell wafting through the house as it cooks is mouth watering. So roast dinner here.

My sister has damaged/torn her achilles tendon and is limping badly - well she is limping well but a lot if that makes sense.

Anyhow nothing much doing here.

too.Eileen the swordfish sounds lovely - you eat a ot of fish don't you? I suppose it is easier to buy cook fish for one than a joint of meat and better for you

I also say get the fish and chips at Whitby - mind you I say get fish and chips everytime I go near the sea .

Sitting on a porch swing as I read a book would be heaven. No idea why I am so taken with them.
Yes, not only am I very fond of fish, portion control is much easier for a single person. I love a pork roast but the don't come much smaller than 2 pounds, and there's all that left over pork ....

You can get lovely outdoor swings like this for your patio,