Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
18-08-2010, 10:42 AM   #1

Cat laryngitis

As you may know from the daily thread yesterday Posh has not been too good, not eating or drinking, no crying or toileting.
Anyway, took her to the vets coz its now 36 hours since she began this. She's not dehydrated, her heart and lungs are clear, doesn't seem to be any abdominal obstruction. Only logical conclusion from her behaviour is that she has a very sore throat and that may be due to scratches caused by eating some thing rough ( I suspect pea pods). So she has had an anti-inflammatory injection, an antibiotic and some high calorie Hills diet food for me to puree later and syringe in if necessary.

Quite pleasant not to have loud miaows but the not drinking is vexing me and I wish she'd lap something. She did miaow in the cat carrier though, but not her usual wail so there's a pitiful weakness there.

Plan is to see how it goes today, if eating & drinking ok, for review on Friday at my surgery. If no better by tomorrow, for review at Merthyr hospital and possible endoscopy. Fingers crossed for the injections to work PDQ. Please send encouraging vibes for Posh and anti-stress ones for me

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
18-08-2010, 11:12 AM   #2

Re: Cat laryngitis

Oh PP - I am so sorry to hear about Posh. Get well very soon vibes from me winging their way immediately. And a gentle cuddle for Her Ladyship and ((((HUGS)))) for you.

Why do you think she's eaten pea pods?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
18-08-2010, 11:27 AM   #3

Oh dear, is there something she loves that is liquid.....milk?

Hope the anti inflamatory works sure it will. Are you sure she is not drinking when you are not looking?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
18-08-2010, 12:08 PM   #4

Poor Posh and (((hugs))) for you. Hope she gets well soon. What a dilemma for you with all the plans etc. Perhaps the meds will kick in and she'll eat/drink etc soon.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
18-08-2010, 12:24 PM   #5

Very sorry to hear about Posh's problems and hope the anti inflamatories work quickly to makr her feel better. Sending healing and calming vibes to you both.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
18-08-2010, 04:39 PM   #6

Oh dear, poor Posh, she must feel so miserable! I do hope the meds will ease it and she'll start eating and drinking soon; I hope you'll be able to carry on with your plans if she improves. Healing vibes coming..

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
18-08-2010, 06:56 PM   #7

Good news! about 2pm she started to lap water. I'd given her about 5mls via a syringe about 10.00, much to her chagrin and also some of the Hills pate mixed with water. Not very palatable but it made her lick her lips and groom her paws so it did perk her up a bit. Then about 5 pm she pawed my leg and mewed a bit I picked her up and put her on the table where she eats and she took a few licks of the pate food , Happy me! now I can make my plans, as long as she is eating I now my mam will make sure she gets everything she wants and will take her for her check up on Friday.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
18-08-2010, 08:11 PM   #8

GOOD news!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
18-08-2010, 08:18 PM   #9

Well done Posh! Keep it up. Let your mummy go to the wedding without worrying about you. You'll be fine! Just take it easy Your Ladyship.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Imogen BSH
18-08-2010, 08:42 PM   #10

Glad Posh seems to be feeling a bit better! Not sure whether she likes warm food but the Hill's foods can be microwaved for a few seconds and mixed with a bit of water-makes it smell tastier and a lot softer too.