Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 4 moggie monsters (1 with Wings)
18-08-2010, 10:31 PM   #11

Re: Dandruff-anything else to try?

Thankyou all for the replies-i shall stay clear of supplements for now then and yes your quite right Angie, maybe our cats knew what we didnt

So looks like increasing the wet food is the way to go! Not sure if id be able to take them off the dry food completely as they have always had it from kittens and we leave it down in the bowls for them to nibble at during the day so not sure if they would forgive us for that but maybe decreasing the amount of dry food we give and increasing the amount of wet food might be the answer! I had been considering trying a new wet food lately with them so shall have a look into that. Shame we cant afford to have them fed on applaws alone, they might forgive the lack of dry food then!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
18-08-2010, 11:17 PM   #12

Yes applaws is popular with the fussiest cats I think - but from memory, I can't remember whether it is a complete food or not ........ Good luck - perhaps increase grooming if they will allow it? A nice soft brush perhaps.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
19-08-2010, 07:03 AM   #13

Applaws is not a complete food, but cats do love it

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 4 moggie monsters (1 with Wings)
20-08-2010, 01:59 PM   #14

I started replying to this yesterday and got distracted and just remembered i didnt send my message!

I do wonder how many cat owners are feeding their cats applaws not knowing it isnt a complete food? i remember when i looked into it a while back and discovered it wasnt complete, i was a bit shocked that they dont make that more clear. I am thinking about trying something new with my guys as they mainly get the high life tuna which isnt a complete food either, but because they have the dry food mainly that isnt a worry. however if i start giving them more wet food and less dry then its going to have to be a complete food. shall start looking into it!

And yes, my gang love getting applaws, but can only afford it as a treat!