Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 2 cats 1 tabby and 1 ragdoll
06-08-2010, 10:16 PM   #11

Re: update re toby

nope sorry farthing i read a bit,not reading anymore

he CAN see,when vet did the test with the torch thing,he didnt like it,vet says its just his age,at 15yrs old and never had anything done,cept a tooth extraction,imnot putting him through probing and such,if he gets worse then i will sort it

elaine i know he's my cat ok,ive had him for 15 yrs.in cat years he's over 100,so i dont think if i was him id want stuck with needles and stuff,he's happy,its all that counts

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
06-08-2010, 10:29 PM   #12

He's actually around his mid to late 70's in human years. I just feel frustrated with you tbh, you have made a few posts asking for advice about his constant crying and have been given some very good advice but you chose to "forget" to ask your vet about it.
If you dont want peoples advice, then dont ask for it. I just feel sorry for the cat in all honesty. Should he have high blood pressure then rest assured that a small jab with a needle to take bloods and a cuff on his leg to check BP is NOTHING in comparison to the pain and discomfort he may well be experiencing now.
But hey, that's fine, like I said he's your cat...

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 2 cats 1 tabby and 1 ragdoll
07-08-2010, 06:57 PM   #13

Erm I Didnt Choose To Forget" To Ask About His Crying,i Actually Did Forget As He Wasnt Crying At The Time,i Was At The Vet.

Like I Said Im Not A Vet,if My Vet Thought Tests Were Neccessary Then Im Sure He Would Have Suggested It,

Dont Pressume Just Coz Im Not Doing Anything,doesnt Mean I Dont Care Ok,i Will Watch Him An See If Anything Else Changes Ok.if It Does Then I Will Sort It,without Any Sarcasm Or Grief

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
07-08-2010, 07:05 PM   #14

Maybe it just means that you dont care to put your hand in your pocket, that's what I pressume. Maybe your vet hasnt pushed for tests because of your lack of pro-activeness, again another pressumption perhaps but none the less in my opinion you havent been pro active to find out more about your cats health state.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
08-08-2010, 01:41 AM   #15

I can see the point that Elaine is making.
Maybe if it were said this way ~
Obviously when an animal's owner goes to the veterinarian they must update the doctor about any habits, behavior changes, mental/physical symptoms as it is the owner, not the Vet, that lives with this animal and sees them on a daily basis, the best person to notice any such changes which would be indicators for health and well being.
If an owner does not bring these things up during an examination, I'd liken it to me going to my physician for a wellness check once a year and when he/she asked how I've been, I just sat there with a blank expression and stayed mute. At this point, the physician would just have to try to evaluate me for that short time on that one day to get a basic idea of my health and well being.
Animals cannot speak so they depend on us as their caretakers to speak for them. That's all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
08-08-2010, 02:45 AM   #16

Excellently put, Tink!

I find it helpful to make a list of questions before you see the vet, as it's easy to overlook something you meant to discuss.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
08-08-2010, 03:37 AM   #17

I do the same thing, my vet actually appreciates me bringing my notebook, as then I won't be fretting and ringing her later for something I'd forgotten while we were face to face
Also, if my personal life leaves me feeling a bit scattered or doubting if whether my concerns are legitimate (as I tend to be a worrywart), I make a log of the behavior/symptom. By writing it down, I have been able to either detect a pattern and figure out the seemingly obvious later or on the other hand decide that this is something that really needs to be discussed further with the veterinarian.