Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh
07-08-2010, 09:10 PM   #31

Re: Newbie here! can anybody help?

I hope Mondo continues to improve.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
07-08-2010, 10:12 PM   #32

Hope his weekend home helps and he continues to make a good recovery. He looks to be a very handsome boy.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh called pip!
07-08-2010, 10:34 PM   #33

he's not eating or drinking . the vet said because of his phosphate levels he may feel a bit sick and not want to eat but he should start drinking, i was given a powder to sprinkle on his food to help this but he doesnt want it! i mixed the powder in some cat milk and squirted it in, he was not amused! maybe it will help his sick feeling and make him want to eat soon. i may have to squirt some more liquid in tonight if he doesnt start picking up!

Catsey Veteran

07-08-2010, 10:43 PM   #34

Was the powder Ipakitine, if so it helps with the phosphate levels. If he hasn't eaten by tomorrow I would call your vet again- cats don't do well without eating. Try anything to get him to eat- I assume you are on a renal diet, he maybe just doesn't like it- there are different types and flavours. I can't get mine to eat Hill's they prefer Royal canin- tuna flavour. Hope he starts to eat soon.

Catsey Veteran

07-08-2010, 11:15 PM   #35

hi, yes that is the powder he has. i have also offered him gourmet gold, the weebox chew sticks and cat milk. he had a little chew on the stick but only because i shoved it in. il try him again soon, syringe some liquids in and repeat in the morning. if he still isn't eating after a 2nd dose of the powder i will call the vets, but im not sure they will be able to help, its they're other surgery thats 45mins away from me thats only open for an hour. he was sent home today as she said he may aswell be home with us apposed to being stuck in the surgery with somebody popping in 3 times. i will definately phone and speak to them anyways.

Catsey Veteran

07-08-2010, 11:21 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynz85
hi, yes that is the powder he has. i have also offered him gourmet gold, the weebox chew sticks and cat milk. he had a little chew on the stick but only because i shoved it in. il try him again soon, syringe some liquids in and repeat in the morning. if he still isn't eating after a 2nd dose of the powder i will call the vets, but im not sure they will be able to help, its they're other surgery thats 45mins away from me thats only open for an hour. he was sent home today as she said he may aswell be home with us apposed to being stuck in the surgery with somebody popping in 3 times. i will definately phone and speak to them anyways.
Maybe try blending some food with cat milk, he may have a sore mouth due to the acute renal failure- certainly with cats in CRF they can get ulceration in the mouth due to high urea levels. It might be a bit easier if he can lap it up.

Catsey Veteran

07-08-2010, 11:39 PM   #37

i offered him the cat milk by itself and he had a sniff but didnt take any. i have syringed some more in, just 15ml's at a time to try to maintain his fluid levels and will try him with some tuna aswell.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
08-08-2010, 07:50 AM   #38

Hoping and praying that he starts to eat today xxx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
08-08-2010, 11:04 AM   #39

Come on Mondo - keep up the fluids anyway you can lynz85 (((HUGS to you both)))

Catsey Veteran

08-08-2010, 12:25 PM   #40

well he's still not eating and thats him had a 2nd dose of the powder i have phoned the vets and am waiting on a call back for some advice. i gave him 20ml's this morning and he is due more soon. will let you know what the vet says