Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Maine Coons
08-05-2009, 09:59 PM   #21

Re: Well I never "Cats in a box"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
Lol, CS, my carriers are both front loading; the only way I can get one in it is to stand it on end and deposit the cat face forward and slam the door shut! I'm certain if I had a top loader that Leia would do the horizontal leg thing too...
LOL I am just picturing in my mind now you trying to get Leia in the carrier DM, her with that look on her face saying you are not getting me in there

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
08-05-2009, 10:46 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leesy
LOL I am just picturing in my mind now you trying to get Leia in the carrier DM, her with that look on her face saying you are not getting me in there
Ah, I see you understand Leia very well! She has very strong "won't" power!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
08-05-2009, 10:47 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by cats' staff
Nope, mine don't either. I have one which was recommended by my vet, a sturdy wire cage with a top opening- very secure once they are in as there is no way of them busting out. Oh, and it is supposedly 'easier to pop them into a top opening carrier'

'Pop'?!?

Does anyone else have cats who can hold their legs sideways out from their body making it impossible to 'pop' them anywhere?

Now I think vets and vet nurses are great people who are highly trained and love animals but I ask you- have ANY of you ever managed to 'pop' your cat into a carrier?
Quote:
Lol, CS, my carriers are both front loading; the only way I can get one in it is to stand it on end and deposit the cat face forward and slam the door shut! I'm certain if I had a top loader that Leia would do the horizontal leg thing too...
Yep - I have the top loader too. Tried it once and have decided it is not worth it - only use the tried and trusted DM method now

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: 2 moggies = DLH and DMH
09-05-2009, 03:44 AM   #24

Great pics of Maxi and Maisy Pauline.....there is one particular pic of them together where you can see the difference in size between the two of them...Maisy is so delicate looking...
As for the carrier... hope the trick with the cardboard base works...im lucky with Harri... she loves her carrier... i actually keep it by the bed and some mornings she can be found in there.. first cat i've ever had that will hop in of their own accord..

Catsey Veteran

09-05-2009, 04:07 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by pookyandjo
Great pics of Maxi and Maisy Pauline.....there is one particular pic of them together where you can see the difference in size between the two of them...Maisy is so delicate looking...
As for the carrier... hope the trick with the cardboard base works...im lucky with Harri... she loves her carrier... i actually keep it by the bed and some mornings she can be found in there.. first cat i've ever had that will hop in of their own accord..
Until the day she mindreads that it's a vet trip day and won't go within a mile of it!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
09-05-2009, 04:35 PM   #26

I also have a top loader. Merlin (until he got older and weaker) was a sideways legs out chap! I could never make a vet appointment if I knew OH was to be away. It was a two person job to get him in! Kizzy was very very good the first couple of times, but has started to catch on to the sideways leg move as she proved last Thursday - followed by "wild trapped animal" when inside.

Catsey Veteran

09-05-2009, 04:50 PM   #27

I'm just wondering, those of you with top loaders: would it help to put the cat in on her back? Could they do the horizontal leg bit that way?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
09-05-2009, 09:09 PM   #28

Quote:
I'm just wondering, those of you with top loaders: would it help to put the cat in on her back? Could they do the horizontal leg bit that way?
They can do it any way up but you are right it is harder for them when they're upside down.

Catsey Veteran

09-05-2009, 09:40 PM   #29

Thanks for that tip; will remember it if I ever get a top loader!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
09-05-2009, 11:29 PM   #30

I'm sure they would try for claw in the face if they were on their backs!

PS Kizzy has just eaten her first spider!