Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Waifs and Strays
13-11-2011, 05:26 PM   #1

The Loyalty of a cat named Lady

I am currently the owner of a black petite moggy called Lady. She is now approx 12 years old and came to live with me January 2009 . Lady belonged to an elderly man who sadly passed away his neighbour recalled how Lady used to sit on the garden path watching her owner weed the garden and often followed him to the pub .She would wait under a car for his return then walk back with him . One day she followed him and he didnt come back
Lady spent 6 months practically forgotten except for the neighbour who would provide her with the odd meal and on a couple of occasions tried to coax her into the house. But Lady refused she would run if anyone got to close then return to her doorstep she rarely moved and sat through the sun then rain and hail waiting and waiting . Soon her health began to suffer her fur was matted and her eyes infected but still she waited . Then in the january it snowed she didnt move the snow fell around her. Part of her then gave up , looking out of the window the neighbour saw her . She went next door and picked up Lady who no longer struggled infact she was cold and barely breathing she carried lady indoors and put her wrapped in a blanket next to the fire then rang cat rescue.
I agreed to foster lady, once she was better she became aggresive and spent hours howling to escape .Then four months later it came to a sudden halt she jumped up suddenly walked straight up to me with non of her usual hostility and headbutted my hand then began to purr curled up on my knee and went to sleep.After that breakthrough I decided to adopt her it had taken so long to gain that trust and she is truly one of the loyalist little souls I know.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Birman.
13-11-2011, 08:05 PM   #2

Re: The Loyalty of a cat named Lady

This reminds me a bit of the true story of Greyfriars Bobby, except that was a dog. A cat's loyalty is not often documented, so it's lovely to hear this one.
They do say that cats are attached to the house as much as the owner, whereas a dog will give it's life for the owner due to it's loyalty based on it's pack survival mentality. I don't know how much of that's true.

Bless dear Lady, this is a lovely story. I hope those 6 months haven't taken too much of a toll on her little body, I would have liked to have seen her rescued sooner..But she's found her feet/paws now, and that's what matters, bless her.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
13-11-2011, 08:29 PM   #3

What a touching story. Bless her, she's found a new forever home, so glad you kept her. May we see a pic of the little Lady?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh called pip!
13-11-2011, 08:31 PM   #4

thats a lovely story!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
13-11-2011, 09:03 PM   #5

So pleased she has settled and is happy in her new forever home

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
13-11-2011, 09:53 PM   #6

That is a very poignant story - glad it has a happy ending for Lady.