Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
29-11-2007, 05:13 PM   #11

Re: Can somebody answer me

That must be so worrying for you! Do try the suggestions for a lost cat, signs, etc, etc. Hope she returns soon ........do let us know if she shows up.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Siamese and Moggies
29-11-2007, 05:17 PM   #12

I do hope she returns, yes sometimes cats do stray for a few days or more. x

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: na
30-11-2007, 10:00 AM   #13

thanks guys.

I think I know what happened.

We have woods behind our house - there is a house in the woods and the little cat always came from there - when we would let her out she would jump over the wall back to the house in the woods, but she was always waiting for us when I came home from work and wouldnt leave us until I put her out in the mornings.

Anyway I was calling to her again last night hoping she would come, when I saw all the lights go off in the house in the woods. I walked around - there is a lot of work being done in the house - vans everywhere, etc. It looks like the people are moving out for a while, or maybe for good.

I am HOPING that they took the cat to their new home - that way I know nothing happened to her, but I think I might call to them this evening to ask if they took the cat and if she is okay and maybe hint that if they don't want her, I will gladly take her.

The reason why I never put a coller on her or got her neutered is because I didn't really know if she was somebody elses cat, but now I think I know what happened.

Cross your fingers they let me keep her when I go talk to them. After all, they should have had a coller on her if she was their cat.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
30-11-2007, 12:50 PM   #14

I hope you are right and she does belong to the people in the house, at least you would know she is safe and being looked after.

She may be microchipped and that's why she didn't wear a collar. I think it's a good idea to check with these people just for your own peace of mind.

Please let us know how you get on... good luck!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
30-11-2007, 01:13 PM   #15

It would be worth checking with the workmen to see if she has got into a van. You say there is work going on. Could she be trapped in the house?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
30-11-2007, 05:33 PM   #16

Good suggestion from Jac: cats are commonly found stowed away in vans! I do hope she's OK and that she's just hiding from the workmen and commotion.....

Catsey Junior

03-12-2007, 11:11 AM   #17

so there I was saturday night (major thunder and lightning storm) and I heard a cat crying - i thought it was on tv - it wasnt - she was outside the door. I let her in - I got a bit scared - her eyes were wild. she was black from head to toe and lost a load of weight. I think she got locked in somebodys coal shed on tuesday and wasn't released till saturday. She was starving, I gave her milk and food and I tried to give her a bath but she wasn't having it. She did let me sponge her with a hot soapy cloth. She has been very clingy since - she has to be on my lap, and she hasn't stopped talking since she came back. She doesn't seem to be eating much. I think she resorted to eating coal - her poo was pure black.

I have made an appt at the vet for her - I have decided she is mine now, and anyone who wants to challenge me can. After all nobody else seems to be looking after her.

I am so happy she is back.

Thank you guys for helping me.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
03-12-2007, 11:48 AM   #18

I'm so pleased she came back, but poor kitty - sounds like a horrible ordeal ! You said you had a name for her; what is it? It would be a nice rounding off to her story to know what you have decided to call her!

Catsey Junior

03-12-2007, 12:03 PM   #19

i called her frankie - a nice unisex name (cause i still dont know what she is).

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
03-12-2007, 12:30 PM   #20

That's a lovely name!! I hope it all works out for you both