Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Stray
14-11-2007, 04:09 PM   #31

Re: Kitten & My Bed!!!

what was i supposed to do kick him out when the fireworks were banging everywhere? I presumed that his owners would come looking, but it would seem that they don't care. Im just trying to do my best til i find him somewhere to live. It was a thread i read on here to stop him biting and attacking me which was to use water in a spray. Im sorry i'm trying my best. I will put him out tonight and maybe he'll go back home. I sorry to have troubled you all

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
14-11-2007, 04:11 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudiab
what was i supposed to do kick him out when the fireworks were banging everywhere? I presumed that his owners would come looking, but it would seem that they don't care. Im just trying to do my best til i find him somewhere to live. It was a thread i read on here to stop him biting and attacking me which was to use water in a spray. Im sorry i'm trying my best. I will put him out tonight and maybe he'll go back home. I sorry to have troubled you all
Please do not just put him out Claudia, he is just a baby, goodness knows what would happen to him....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: feral moggy
14-11-2007, 04:18 PM   #33

Quote:
How old are you??? That is a childish response. We are offering advice you haven't taken up, we are suggesting things that will work however you have to put some effort in over a period of time. A kitten bites, scratches and plays (continually) but if you read my previous post you are obviously riling the people on her due to the content of what you are posting

Catsey Junior

14-11-2007, 04:23 PM   #34

I know!!!!!!!!!!! I am so sorry, i am just so tired and don't know what to do with him and wish his stupid idiotic owners would just come and get him. I just wanted to know how to get him off the bed so i can sleep and i was just trying to say what i'd done or couldn't do that was all
Thank you all for your help

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Moggy
14-11-2007, 04:24 PM   #35

Quote:
I will put him out tonight and maybe he'll go back home. I sorry to have troubled you all
If you really care about him please do not put him outside in the cold, where he could be run over by a car.
As I suggested earlier on this thread, put a litter tray and his food and water in your spare bedroom and let him spend the night there.

Have you contacted local vets to see if anyone is missing a kitten? Often missing animals are reported to vets. A vet may also offer to scan him for you to see if he is microchipped.

Make a list of all rescue organisations in your area who will take in cats, and phone them all to see if they have any space. Don't give up if the first few you call have no room.

Catsey Junior

14-11-2007, 04:36 PM   #36

I have an advert on with all my vets and hes not microchipped either, and i have adverts on with many websites in the area too.
i'm sorry i'm just not surving very well on such little sleep and with a husband who's not happy about it all either. I'll feel better after a bottle of wine i think

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: feral moggy
14-11-2007, 04:47 PM   #37

Quote:
I have an advert on with all my vets and hes not microchipped either, and i have adverts on with many websites in the area too.
i'm sorry i'm just not surving very well on such little sleep and with a husband who's not happy about it all either. I'll feel better after a bottle of wine i think
My OH was not happy when we got my cat (who was feral) your kitten sounds part feral too. They unfortunately, are harder work as they are in survival mode all the time.
They do need their own room to begin with and then by giving them access to larger areas they become accustomed to the space. Put more than one litter tray out (one downstairs and one up) if not able to restrict to one room. Leave your door closed however hard it is to listen to it howling and scratching as the more you open the door the more it will get the message that you will do what it wants eventually. Buy some ear plugs, I did. (they come alive of a night, kittens not ear plugs!!) Put toys in the hall or landing and possibly in other rooms with treats in so it can play with them, and hunt through the night. provide a bed to sleep in a warm place (under a radiator). If all else fails you will have to lock it into the bathroom. Put the toilet seat down, remove your shower curtain, put food and litter tray in and make sure taps are tighly fastened. It's the only way for him to realise nighttime is for sleeping.
Mine took a couple of months unfortunately (sorry)

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
14-11-2007, 04:47 PM   #38

Claudia, May I ask what you do? You say you have no time for a kitten yet to my knowledge you have been on here since 8.45 this morning

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Owned BY Bubbles & Fizz (fem dsh)
14-11-2007, 04:51 PM   #39

Claudia, it was really good of you to take him in on Fireworks night and I understand how tired and frustrated you are.

The kitten is a baby and if he was also a stray then he is overjoyed to be with you and probably doesn't want to be separated from you - hence the refusing to be out of the room. If you put him in the spare room, with his toys, tray and food/water he will be fine - no reason for him not to use the tray since he has used it already.

You did a good thing and if you wanted to persevere, he will settle down but takes time and patience. There are also things he needs from you and that cost - innoculations, neutering, worming, food. You've mentioned already that you can't afford it and also you don't really want to keep him.

That really is fair enough - not everyone is a cat person. You did what you could but now you need to find somewhere for him to go. The Cat's protection league is probably your best bet. Find where your local one is and then arrange to take him there. Please don't just put him out as he won't understand and looks like it will have happened to him twice

They will find him a good home.

Catsey Junior

14-11-2007, 05:00 PM   #40

Claudia, May I ask what you do? You say you have no time for a kitten yet to my knowledge you have been on here since 8.45 this morning

REPLY - i work in an office from 7.30a.m til 6pm hence i'm on here!