Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
09-09-2007, 10:31 AM   #141

Re: Litter training the Diva

Now that I've told you, you just know she will make a liar out of me later

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Owned BY Bubbles & Fizz (fem dsh)
09-09-2007, 12:36 PM   #142

Just read this thread and something occurred to me. If she sometimes poops near the tray but not it or happens elsewhere, could it be possible its' a behaviour thing where she doesn't realise she needs to go until she has to GO and doesn't even make it to a tray. The other thought is, since she is such a sensitive cat, when she gets stressed or upset, could it cause something like indigestion or whatever and has pain when pooping. That could put her off a particular location that she was previously happy to go in.

Just a couple of thoughts.

Catsey Veteran

09-09-2007, 12:51 PM   #143

Thanx for your thoughts. I dont think it is the first coz she will go scratching for a place to go first, if I catch her and say Eva No then she just swears at me and runs into another room to do it. Its not like she just has to go there and then, she always chooses her spot.
I am wondering about the indegestion thing though, may look into it.
Another point of interest might be that she and Bernie ARE becoming closer.

Catsey Veteran

01-12-2007, 01:20 PM   #144

Sorry to drag up this old chestnut again
Graham and I were talking about the cats this morning, conversation came up coz Bernie has began to give the hamster a talki9ng to when she makes too much noise on her wheel
Anyway, Graham came up with a new theory about Eva and her middening. Now its more than likely that the middening is a habbit which is ingrained in her mind but this is the new pattern.
Eva now only middens in the computer room under or right beside my chair and in the bedroom she middens at my side of the bed (still with in a foot or so of the litter box, there is no room for litter box in the computer room).
Grahams theory is that she uses this as a marker for Bernie to stay clear of me. Eva lies in the computer room with me of an evening and at bedtime she jumps ontop of me and settles down on my chest. Where as Bernie rarely comes into the computer room and only lies on Grahams side of the bed. He does jump on my lap for a fuss if I am in the livingroom and a fight does normally ensue after this. She does allow for Bernie to get a fuss in the kitchen, most often at feeding times.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
01-12-2007, 05:05 PM   #145

Interesting theory, and plausible! Cats are so inscrutable, and who can figure out the complicated relationships between themselves, and with their persons? No doubt, though, that Eva is the Alpha cat.......

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Owned BY Bubbles & Fizz (fem dsh)
01-12-2007, 07:52 PM   #146

You know, you could be on to something there Elaine. Doesn't Feliway mimic the 'safe' scent cats use to mark territory? The spray in areas she does it in could be beneficial?

Catsey Veteran

01-12-2007, 08:08 PM   #147

I have used feliway before but that was when I was trying to introduce the two cats rather than resolve the middening issue. Thanx Grete.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
01-12-2007, 08:55 PM   #148

Incidentally, I've never heard "midden" used as a verb...is that a Scottish expression, Elaine?