Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Havana brown, Bengal
27-01-2009, 09:12 PM   #1

Koko's first 14 days

Well she has been in the house for fourteen days. She only comes out about 10.30 or 11.00 when the house is quiet and I am watching tv in bed.

She eats, she uses her litter tray. She will sit in my bedroom doorway and watch me, last night I didn't look at her, made small scratchy noises with my nails and she trotted into the room to investigate. Not as far as getting onto the bed - yet.

She plays on the floor in my room when I am sleeping (or trying to) there are other areas she could go in.

I want to know what foods do your cats find irresistable? Maybe that should be a thread on its own. If I find Koko's dream taste I will have her little heart in the palm of my hand!! Dream on!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
27-01-2009, 09:38 PM   #2

Re: Koko's first 14 days

Softly softly catchee monkey! She's coming around, albeit slowly. Food is a good idea: ham is usually irresistible, cheese, prawns, roast chicken, sardines......

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Havana brown, Bengal
27-01-2009, 10:42 PM   #3

Thanks Eileen.. you are right. Each of my past cats has had individual irresistable munchies. Frankie (seal point siamese) adored green chillis. Put a hot jalepeno pepper on the kitchen floor and he played and threw it about and chased it. Right up until he was an old man! I think it was because they bit back!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
27-01-2009, 11:15 PM   #4

Lol, my seal point boy loved olives! But spit out the pimiento. Misty would kill for cheddar and loved salmon; and my Aby boy liked, of all weird things, a bit of Brazil nut .....awful thing to give a cat, but he liked a wee bit of one. A green bean makes a good cat toy too! Love the thought of your Frankie and the jalapeno!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Maine Coons
28-01-2009, 11:59 AM   #5

Maxi and Maisy both adore the James Wellbeloved fishy treats they will do anything for a couple of them.